Sign in to follow this  
We Tigers

Braylon Edwards and wide receiver mania

I'm pretty happy with my team now that LT's healthy and Slaton's taken off, but I still have room to improve at WR. We start 2WR and a W/R (which I've used an RB for every week), and I've got Braylon/DeSean/Welker/Engram/Walter. Lotsa guys on the waiver wire--any Saint not named Colston, Gage, Matt Jones, Derrick Mason. What would really put me at ease would be to package two of the WRs I have for a better guy. I think I can do all right rotating DeSean, Welker, and Engram till Braylon comes alive, if he ever does. That said, I'm looking at the WR lineups of the other .500 or below teams in my league for possible package trades:

1. TO, Megatron, Driver, Anthony Gonzalez

2. Wayne, Bowe, Roy Williams, Reggie Brown

3. Steve Smith, Plax, Randy Moss, Santonio, Branch

4. Colston, Holt, Roayl, Roddy White, 85, Randle El

5. AJ, Evans, Chambers, Bruce, Lloyd

Seeing what's out there, do you think there's anyone worthwhile whom I could get for Braylon + Welker?

I know that, if I do trade, I might have to move DeSean since he probably has the highest value of my WRs, but I do see him as a 1000 yards/7 TDs guy this year and am hesistant to let him go. Hit me up with your thoughts on the situation and I'll hit you back on yours.

Thanks for the reply!

I'm not so sure that Braylon's stock is high enough at the moment for a high quality trade. That being said, I do think he will come alive however.

If it were me I would probably just play the wire, Gage is a good pick, or maybe even consider Meacham.

thanks for the response on mine.

Braylon and Welker were great pick-ups on draft day but both their value has gone way down.

I really dont see either putting up anywhere near the numbers they did last year , although someone else in your league may not see it that way. T-O,Megatron,Plax,S.Smith,Wayne are probably all out the question at least they would be for me if I owned them.

If your looking to give up 2 for 1 , I just dont see that 1 WR that someone would give up for your 2 that would even really be worth your while. Maybe Andre Johnson , but eh....thats iffy too. No if you want 2 in return , maybe Bowe/R.Williams or White/Ocho ?

tough call , wouldnt blame you if ya just rode out what you got now for a week or 2 longer , who knows maybe the Brownies turn it around on offense and then you could trade Braylon high instead of low.

If your willing to deal Braylon/Desean then maybe you could get AJ/Chambers. Now that one is interesting.

Colston? That owner is hurting with that group of receivers.

I am biased b/c I have him, but I would also shoot for AJ. Aside from Colston, he is the only one of the underperforming WRs that has a capable QB. STL is horrid while Schaub was able to post big numbers last week.

Thanks for mine. I like the idea of trying to get Colston then playing the wire for a while. I might make an offer for Chambers. You might have trouble moving those guys right now though.

This is a tough position because your potential trading partners are not really in need of WRs. All are at least solid.

Team #1: Now might be a good time to target TO. The WRs 2 & 3 are underperforming (Driver) or inconsistent (A. Gonzalez) and there may be some fear about any team damage TO is causing to the Cowboys. This team may want to bail on the potential TO issues (buy low!) and needs to upgrade the WR corps as a whole.

Team #4: Agree on Colston as the others have stated. Cast a line, you may get a bite.

Thanks for answering my trade question.

Thanks, guys. I forgot that the Colston guy had Royal as well, which improves his situation slightly and makes the 2-for-1 a bit less likely. Still an interesting angle. In terms of 2-for-2, Bowe and Roy Williams is pretty appealing, since I'm very high on Bowe this year (though it would mean starting two Chiefs--Gonzalez is my TE--which is a bit frightening). I will probably sit tight this week since I like Welker's matchup with the 49ers, but will throw out a Colston offer just to see. Good advice, all!