Sign in to follow this  
Dakkon79

Should I do this trade?

Alright I'm kind of in a tough spot and need some major help.

An owner has offered to trade me the following:

He trades me: Housh, Schaub, Turner

I trade him: TO, Graham, Ferrotte

Its a standard non-ppr league with QBs only scoring 3pts per TD, RB scoring 4pts per TD, and WR scoring 5pts per TD

My current team is as follows:

QB: Anderson, Ferrotte, Quinn

RB: Jackson, Graham, Rhodes, Buckhalter, D. Williams

WR: TO, Andre Johnson, Roy Williams

So should I pull the trigger on this trade???? I really need a solid RB, and I think TO will decrease in value with Johnson being at QB. Meanwhile I know Housh is downgraded too, but at least he gets targeted 10+ times a game.

So what do you think????

Please leave a link and I'll answer yours!!

It's a tough call, which means it's probably a fair trade.

You are essentially getting an upgrade at RB & QB, but a significant downgrade at WR.

I would say pull the trigger.

Alright I'm kind of in a tough spot and need some major help.

An owner has offered to trade me the following:

He trades me: Housh, Schaub, Turner

I trade him: TO, Graham, Ferrotte

Its a standard non-ppr league with QBs only scoring 3pts per TD, RB scoring 4pts per TD, and WR scoring 5pts per TD

My current team is as follows:

QB: Anderson, Ferrotte, Quinn

RB: Jackson, Graham, Rhodes, Buckhalter, D. Williams

WR: TO, Andre Johnson, Roy Williams

So should I pull the trigger on this trade???? I really need a solid RB, and I think TO will decrease in value with Johnson being at QB. Meanwhile I know Housh is downgraded too, but at least he gets targeted 10+ times a game.

So what do you think????

Please leave a link and I'll answer yours!!

OK, much better. this is kind of tough but I like the trade. Here is why.

#1 - you get Schaub which is a much better starter than what you have. Frerotte has been decent but he is not going to get you into the play-offs

#2 - Turner - You need a more reliable starter next to SJax (who is playing on a bad team right now). Rhodes will fill in nicely short term but the combo of SJax and Turner will give you a better chance long term

#3 - Andre Johnson is your #1 WR hands down. TO has been a disappointment so far this year and Dallas just traded for roy Williams. So now there are more passing options to throw to which could cut into more of TO's production (which is already low). Getting Housh right now is not a big help considering the situation with the Bengals but he still is a #1 WR who can make things happen. I'm not saying housh = TO, but I am saying you upgrade the QB and RB position off the bat and still get a quality WR in the mix. After you make this trade, I would dangle Housh or Buckhalter/Rhodes to get another decent WR.

Go for it !

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=329407

This is tough you get an upgrade with Schaub and can start double dipping with Andre. Graham for Turner is in your favor but losing TO to Housh could hurt. I think getting Roy Williams will open up things for TO and he will turn it up. The only thing that sucks here is the one part of this trade where you lose is the big part due to the fact you get the most points from receivers..but I would still do it for Turner and Schaub to johnson combo

I wouldn't exactly call Turner a solid RB. He's had difficulty against good DST's with just 42 vs TB, 56 vs CAR, & 54 vs CHI. He does have some good matchups coming up though.

I would imagine that TO & Witten will be OK with Roy drawing more coverage his way. Pretty sure that Brad Johnson will just fine with all the weapons the Cowboys have.

I would keep Graham & TO but if you you really want Turner then do it.

i dont se much benefit in doing the trade....they already came out and said graham is going to go back to tailback this week....i dont think turned is that much of an upgrade........

I'm strange that I don't like to have a qb and WR on the same team, BUT with that being said these are a good combo to go with because they play from behind a lot. I would try to upgrade your QB so you've got to decide if it's worth it. Turner is a slight step up at RB also. I wouldn't make the trade. because unless you have to win to stay in the race, TO could be huge when Dallas gets everything on track with Roy Williams.

Read Mine

This is a tough trade to decide on . I wonder what your record is if your record isn't that good i would do it shake things up a bit. SJAX is probably killing you like most owners.

I would go ahead and make this trade !!!!!!!

Goodluck!!!!

I think I would make the trade also, but it's definitely one to think about. You do have an upgrade at QB, but I generally don't like to put all my eggs in one basket. When Schaub has a bad day that generally means it will hurt AJ's numbers. I do like Turner, but I'm not crazy about him. Although, still I would make the trade.