Sign in to follow this  
CajunBadger

Weak at WR, strengthening my team

With this being a 6 team league, there's some good players still available (bench size diminishes it some) and want to try and strengthen my WR's/team overall. I picked up Sproles and dropped Eddie Royal - weakening my WR's but his fantasy value just doesn't seem to be there at the moment. I'm also sitting unsure about the future with F. Jackson once Lynch comes off suspension. At the moment my concern is my under performing/mid tier WR's but not sure there's any better out there:

S. Smith - reliable but will lose some to Manningham/NYG running more?

Manningham - good two weeks, not yet proven/lose some to Smith/NYG running more?

Harvin - have Berrian who's more experienced but not getting the deep ball(?)

Knox/Hester - either one worth a look over who I have?

L. Robinson - getting more looks than Avery, but STL offense??

some RB's available are: McGahee, Stewart, Julius Jones, Grant, K. Smith, McFadden, Hightower

As I write, I'm thinking is wait...though Harvin over Berrian might be a consideration. Any recommendations on changes - WR or otherwise? Also wondering about my RB situation at the moment (feel overloaded at RB, but what can I do?). Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!

With this being a 6 team league, there's some good players still available (bench size diminishes it some) and want to try and strengthen my WR's/team overall. I picked up Sproles and dropped Eddie Royal - weakening my WR's but his fantasy value just doesn't seem to be there at the moment. I'm also sitting unsure about the future with F. Jackson once Lynch comes off suspension. At the moment my concern is my under performing/mid tier WR's but not sure there's any better out there:

S. Smith - reliable but will lose some to Manningham/NYG running more?

Manningham - good two weeks, not yet proven/lose some to Smith/NYG running more?

Harvin - have Berrian who's more experienced but not getting the deep ball(?)

Knox/Hester - either one worth a look over who I have?

L. Robinson - getting more looks than Avery, but STL offense??

some RB's available are: McGahee, Stewart, Julius Jones, Grant, K. Smith, McFadden, Hightower

As I write, I'm thinking is wait...though Harvin over Berrian might be a consideration. Any recommendations on changes - WR or otherwise? Also wondering about my RB situation at the moment (feel overloaded at RB, but what can I do?). Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!

Jackson has 1 week left of fantasy stardom, I think I would drop him for K. Smith, Grant, or DMC.

One of the NYG WR would be your best bet. They both looked great. Smith will be the more reliable possesion receiver, while Manningham will be the big play guy. Pick up 1 depending on your preference.

I really don't like LT this year.. age catches up to everyone, even the greats. Try to trade him and see if you can get 1st-2nd round value from someone thats been living under a rock.

Jackson has 1 week left of fantasy stardom, I think I would drop him for K. Smith, Grant, or DMC.

One of the NYG WR would be your best bet. They both looked great. Smith will be the more reliable possesion receiver, while Manningham will be the big play guy. Pick up 1 depending on your preference.

I really don't like LT this year.. age catches up to everyone, even the greats. Try to trade him and see if you can get 1st-2nd round value from someone thats been living under a rock.

Got a feeling I'm stuck with him...one owner was interested, but he always wants much more than he gives. His squad includes WR: Jennings, AJ, Holmes, Ocho, Clayton and RB: Portis, Barber, and Rice. Maybe something like LT/Sproles/one of my WR's for a Portis/one of his better WR's. Unsure what would work best for me...?

Also too late - Smith/Manningham are gone (same team!) but Driver was freed up and forgot about Cotchery. If I were to pick up a WR, drop ?? Another thought - with Lynch coming back what about swapping Jackson for Lynch? Guess it'd be a RBBC so both are lesser value than Grant, Smith, or DMC (though DMC is in a RBBC too)?

Sorry for a complicated message/thread!

If you can get Lynch straight up for Jackson go for it. Have you ever watched Lynch run? He's a monster, he really runs with a purpose.

As for the LT trade, I think I would actually take LT over Portis. If that's all you can get sit tight.

I'm not sure about Berrian. The Vikings seem determind to to work him in, so I think you could drop Berrian for him. With the shallow league your in I don't think you need to worry about Berrian getting scooped up off waivers, especially after the start he's had.

I'm really not sure what else to say, this really is a unique league.

So, trade Jackson for Lynch if you can get away with that. If that doesn't work out try Jackson+Roy Williams for like Greg Jennings or Roddy White.

If you can get Lynch straight up for Jackson go for it. Have you ever watched Lynch run? He's a monster, he really runs with a purpose.

As for the LT trade, I think I would actually take LT over Portis. If that's all you can get sit tight.

I'm not sure about Berrian. The Vikings seem determind to to work him in, so I think you could drop Berrian for him. With the shallow league your in I don't think you need to worry about Berrian getting scooped up off waivers, especially after the start he's had.

I'm really not sure what else to say, this really is a unique league.

So, trade Jackson for Lynch if you can get away with that. If that doesn't work out try Jackson+Roy Williams for like Greg Jennings or Roddy White.

Actually my mistake - Lynch hasn't been picked up yet since he was suspended. Hate to drop Jackson before next weekend though he is going against the Saints and their defense has been playing well - especially against the run. Not sure I'd use him this week anyway...

Hmmm...not sure what you mean by "The Vikings seem determind to to work him in, so I think you could drop Berrian for him." Drop Berrian for...Harvin, Driver, Cotchery, or? As for the trade, thinking downgrade at running back but upgrade at WR, especially if Lynch and/or Jackson help on losing LT (personally not sure how well he's going to do especially with Sproles doing well).

Any thoughts are appreciated!!

I like dumping F. Jackson; he's not going to be the beast he was yesterday once Lynch returns. Before yesterday, I would have said pick up DMAC, but after that disasterous showing against the Chiefs, I don't know. Not sure anyone out there is better than anyone you got and this LT trade stuff seems like its not going to happen. You're stuck with him, hope for the best.

I think Harvin will have more value than Berrian, though Roy Williams was so bad last night that maybe he should be a drop. But in a 6 team league, I'd probably wait until next week at least before going nuts and making moves. One more bad game from a few guys and you'll be surprised at who shows up on the waiver wire as other guys will snatch up the flavor of the week.

thanks for mine.

Actually my mistake - Lynch hasn't been picked up yet since he was suspended. Hate to drop Jackson before next weekend though he is going against the Saints and their defense has been playing well - especially against the run. Not sure I'd use him this week anyway...

Hmmm...not sure what you mean by "The Vikings seem determind to to work him in, so I think you could drop Berrian for him." Drop Berrian for...Harvin, Driver, Cotchery, or? As for the trade, thinking downgrade at running back but upgrade at WR, especially if Lynch and/or Jackson help on losing LT (personally not sure how well he's going to do especially with Sproles doing well).

Any thoughts are appreciated!!

Reffering to Harvin. They've been throwing to him and getting him the ball alot. I value him over berrian.

why do you have 2 ds and 2 tes???? if you can eddie royal back, you should drop ur 2nd d and actually i would try and deal witten for a solid wr. keller is going to be a beast.

thanks for mine

Reffering to Harvin. They've been throwing to him and getting him the ball alot. I value him over berrian.

Thanks - thought so, but sometime I'm a bit dense! And lol BigMilk - correct on the flavor of the week and maybe that's what I'm doing looking at Harvin or Laurent Robinson (see below) this early!

After all the questions/scenarios, I'm figuring on waiting on any "major" moves. Do think Harvin would be a step up though was surprised - he only has 9 looks in 2 games vs Berrian with 8 (Laurent Robinson is up there with 19 and decent stats, but not in a great situation). One other I'd consider is Driver who seems like he hasn't lost much of a step. Sooo - think I will go for Harvin, Driver, or a reach with Robinson.

I will have to do something by week 5 - Rivers, VJax, Forte, Sproles, LT all have a bye. Minimally I'll have to pick up a QB and drop someone if I play Slaton and Lynch/Jackson (or whatever RB I pick up). What do others think about getting Lynch and secondly, if Jackson stays hot how it could affect Lynch's value (yes, probably crystal ball time here)?

Shorter term, thoughts on Jackson's worth against what appears to be a good Saints run d?

why do you have 2 ds and 2 tes???? if you can eddie royal back, you should drop ur 2nd d and actually i would try and deal witten for a solid wr. keller is going to be a beast.

thanks for mine

Good question, but which D would you keep? I can't see dropping Baltimore at the moment yet Green Bay has outscored them 14-3 week 1 and 11-6 week 2. As for the TE's, I think hard to trade either one with it being a 6 team league. I will check it out again but thought I'd looked and didn't see anyone sitting with a lesser TE enough to warrant a good upgrade at WR. It is a good idea that would work better in a 10 or 12 team league but again think it tougher here...especially with everyone sitting with two TE's (and two TE's sitting out on waivers yet averaging 10 or more fantasy points the first two weeks)!