Sign in to follow this  
Texansfan

This is a no brainer trade, RIGHT?

I have a very strong team with great depth and very few (if any) holes.

Peyton

MJD, McGahee, T.Jones/L.Washington, T.Hightower, L.McCoy, D.Brown

Calvin, DJax, Bowe, S.Moss

Winslow

I've just been offered Steven Jackson, Steve Smith (CAR), & Jason Witten

FOR

McGahee, L.Washington, Calvin, Winslow

My thoughts:

RBs: I think this is a great time to sell McGahee high, but worry a little about SJax on that crappy team. Washington is a nice flex player though. I was thinking of countering him with Jones and keeping Leon. Jones sucks IMO.

WRs: Calvin & Smith are pretty much a wash.

TEs: Witten is a no brainer upgrade. Especially with some rookie QB taking over in Tampa.

Thoughts?

I really like this trade for you, because its really difficult to upgrade this much on TE without losing strength at any other position.

Just keep in mind that S. Jackson will probably get injured at some point this season...(McGahee too).

i don't think i would do it. first of all there are many issues with steve smith such as delhomme getting him the ball. even if he does throw to him smith has to beat a double team every play. also i have a different take on winslow's situation. a lot of times rookie or first time starting qbs tend to rely on their tight end. i still see witten as a better option but maybe not as much of a disparity as others have commented. calvin johnson is a beast and stafford seems to be a capable qb. leon is a great commodity as he is always involved and doesn't have many low scoring days. i say keep what you got.

you have got to make the trade

you could try to get him to take DJAX instead of calvin, but other than that its a no braniner.

thanks for replying to mine.