Sign in to follow this  
hoboscratch

would you bench flacco for tebow?

Flacco has a pretty nice matchup at Cleveland. Tebow has a pretty nice matchup at home against Houston. In our scoring last week, Tebow got 24 points. Flacco has only gotten more than 24 points once. Against Cleveland in week 3. I can see Tebow duplicating these stats against Houston, at the very least. I'm in the championship, do I take a big risk on a QB starting his first game at home against a weak opponent? Am I crazy to think that Tebow can at the very least duplicate these stats against Houston?

138 PaYd, 1 PaTD

78 RuYd, 1 RuTD

FYI, I'm no Tebow nuthugger. I laughed when he cried on the sideline when Florida got beat by Alabama. So I'm not considering starting him just because I'm a fan. But if someone has a chance to win me hundreds of dollars, I have to consider it...

I think in the end, both of their numbers will be similar. If you like to gamble, Tebow can be boom or bust, but it is for all the marbles so I would lean with a proven average with Flacco.

I've got to make the same decision but I read the weather forecast in Cle calls for freezing temps and strong winds of 20mph+

I think we have seen in the last few weeks that weather is not as bad as it sounds ( 50 mph winds for Brady, he had a great day ). I'm not so sure what people are seeing in Tebow that makes them think he will be good, but I guess he is going against Houston. I don't think you can trust him, and I would go with Flacco.

Thanks for mine. I think you have to go Flacco here. He doesn't have as much upside, but not nearly as much downside, either. He's a much safer play.

Thanks for mine. I think you have to go Flacco here. He doesn't have as much upside, but not nearly as much downside, either. He's a much safer play.

Went with Bradford at home instead of Flacco. Don't like the 25mph winds and he isn't Tom Brady.