Sign in to follow this  
Madler

Time to drop Vernon Davis?

I have been playing Vernon Davis and he has done nothing since week 4. I also have Pettigrew who is on a bye. Jake Ballard and Brent Celek are available.

Ballard who was new to the Giants has been hot the last five weeks and would have had more than 5 pts last week but dropped two TD passes. Patriots D sucks and with Nicks out, the Giants will throw and I think Ballard will be involved.

Philly has rediscovered their offense and part of that has been a re-imurgence of Celek. Plus Bears play cover 2 and get burned a lot by TE's. Each week they have given up at least one TE TD.

So should I drop Davis and if so who should I pick up to start this week.

Leave a link

I have been playing Vernon Davis and he has done nothing since week 4. I also have Pettigrew who is on a bye. Jake Ballard and Brent Celek are available.

Ballard who was new to the Giants has been hot the last five weeks and would have had more than 5 pts last week but dropped two TD passes. Patriots D sucks and with Nicks out, the Giants will throw and I think Ballard will be involved.

Philly has rediscovered their offense and part of that has been a re-imurgence of Celek. Plus Bears play cover 2 and get burned a lot by TE's. Each week they have given up at least one TE TD.

So should I drop Davis and if so who should I pick up to start this week.

Leave a link

As a fellow Vernon Davis owner I have been scared to drop him. He has so much ability, they are playing well, but it just isn't happening for him. Personally I am going to ride it out for a few more weeks because it could be a really bad drop if he returns to last year's form in the next few weeks. Celek is a great again, can you drop anyone else and keep an extra TE for a week?

As a fellow Vernon Davis owner I have been scared to drop him. He has so much ability, they are playing well, but it just isn't happening for him. Personally I am going to ride it out for a few more weeks because it could be a really bad drop if he returns to last year's form in the next few weeks. Celek is a great again, can you drop anyone else and keep an extra TE for a week?

No, we can only carry two and I don't want to drop Pettigrew who has done ok

I also have Vernon and was so excited to get him but am really disappointed. I was lucky enough to get Gronk week 2 and have been playing him ever since. I have kept Vernon though hoping he is able to turn it on again so if anything I can use him as trade bait. If you can drop someone else to pickup either Ballard or Celek. It's a tough call which one of those is a better play. They're both looking pretty good.

Thanks for the post on mine.

I'm not a Vernon Davis owner and I can't say that I've followed his production, so I'm not going to comment on whether you should drop him or not. I will say that if you were to drop Davis to pick up one of those two tight ends, I think Ballard is the better option. The Giants are going to throw a lot against the Patriots this weekend, especially given that Bradshaw is out. Eli looks to have a lot of trust in Ballard so he's going to get a good number of targets.

I'm a little bit hesitant on Celek because the Eagles have so many weapons. It's like the Saints receiving corp. One week Colston will have 150 yards and 2 TD's. The next week, Devery Henderson or Robert Meachem will get those catches.

Of course, even with my lack of knowledge about Vernon Davis, I think both these TE's are a better play this week than VD.