Sign in to follow this  
kriegz

Championship Flex Dilemma: BeastMode, K. Smith, J-Stew, ect.

Picking the correct flex option for this championship game has proved trickier than I initially thought. I have many decent options, it's just a matter of picking the best one. If it helps, my league is a standard scoring non-ppr, with 2 point bonuses for 100+ yardage totals and single 40+ yard plays. My options are as follows....

Marshawn Lynch - Has been a straight up beast but SF D has been the most consistent unit in football all season. No doubt he eats plenty Skittles, but there is a big "if" on him tasting the end zone. Even if he does, his potential for a high yardage game is low. I'm leaning towards other options.

Kevin Smith - It seems like he is finally healthy and SD is average against the run. My team already consists of Stafford and Calvin so Smith's negative in my case is an over-saturation of Detroit players. He also is always a risk to break a nail during the game and miss time. Higher yardage potential than Lynch but more bust factor if you consider the injuries.

Percy Harvin - Had some beastly games recently but last week was completely unacceptable. Washington isn't a shut-down pass D, but Harvin's boom or bust factor has me starting Nicks over him in the WR2 slot. He could easily put up more points than all of these options with a couple big plays but the risk of another goose egg is gruesome.

Jonathan Stewart - Tampa Bay run D is obviously going to give up hella fantasy points, but with Carolina it is a question of who will get them. Cam hawks goal-line touches and DeAngelo could take away a lot of carries. Tampa Bay Run D simply makes him a tempting option though.

Antonio Brown - Could match any of these guys totals with a couple of touches, but without Big Ben I expect to see a lot of Mendenhall. A real shame Roethlisberger is out, if he was healthy Antonio would be a great option this week.

So, as you can see the choice isn't so easy. If you guys have some pointers, I would greatly appreciate a ranking of these options from 1-5. If anyone else needs championship help I am glad to offer my opinions, simply leave your link at the end of your post.

Thanks in advance!

I like lynch it's hard to argue against how consistent he has been. I dont think the seahawks will shy away from their number 1 asset in the situation.

Next I would probably say Harvin, j stew with Antonio brown last. I don't trust Charlie batch at all. Everyone runs on the rams so brown will prolly have very few opportunities

Thanks for answering my post earlier.

You are right in that you have a very tough decision on your hands. As a result, I usually go with the proven commodity that got you there, which I'm guessing is Lynch. I say that very grudgingly though, because the guy I'm up against has Lynch. Good Luck!

Well, I'm hoping Lynch fails this week because my opponent has him. I'm somewhat confident he will because Lynch struggled against the Bears tough run D last week. The only reason he scored twice was because a combination of bad Bears offense and good Seattle defense created a lot of good field position for Lynch to run it in.

I don't see 49ers giving up good field position, so I say stay away from Lynch.

I really like Jonathan Stewart because of the matchup. Last time Carolina played Tampa Bay, Stewart had a solid game with 80 yards, 1 TD and 19 receiving yards. I think that's more than Lynch will get, or any of the other guys on that list.

I recommend J-Stew.

Can you help me out please?

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=398337