Sign in to follow this  
ian Potter

Trade J Jones & Hillis for Rice and Wayne

Can't believe I'm even debating it. Am I stupid?

My team: 10 Team PPR

QB- Romo, Luck

RB- McFadden, Martin, Hillis, Hunter

WR- Jones, Cruz, S Smith, T Smith, K Britt, Streater

TE- Witten, Rudolph

Guess what's hanging me up is that I feel like I'm trading two guys for one. Never going to use Wayne. I'm also projecting Julio to be second best WR in NFL, Rice on a slight decline, and expecting Hillis to outperform his ADP by a bit.

Id stay put. I like the rbs you have now. im praying julio explodes as well. With the emergence of torrey smith I could see the ravens becoming a bit more balanced. Honestly not a bad trade, just one I wouldnt do.

I think it's about as fair as it would get. Just thinking my team is better balanced without Rice. Rice will outscore Julio. Not sure I want to rely on Steve Smith as my Second WR. His scoring is pretty inconsistent.

QB- Romo, Luck

TE- Witten, Rudolph

Guess what's hanging me up is that I feel like I'm trading two guys for one. Never going to use Wayne. I'm also projecting Julio to be second best WR in NFL, Rice on a slight decline, and expecting Hillis to outperform his ADP by a bit.

It seems like a real fair offer. Rice is a heck of a point producer. Wayne is a waste though. But Hillis might be as well other than as a backup on bye weeks. I guess you have to ask yourself if you are happy with your WR without Jones. Because your RB situation is pretty good even without Rice. I'd actually probably do the deal.

I feel like it's a no brainer but I can't pull the trigger. Another part of me thinks that if/WHEN McFadden goes down I'm going to need a top RB. Also not sure what to think of Martin. I'm very high on him but without seeing him in any real action I don't know what to expect. Think I'm going to hold off and hope that maybe we can make trade in a couple weeks.

QB- Romo, Luck

TE- Witten, Rudolph

I'm on the fence. Its the unknowns of Hillis/Jones versus the knowns of Rice (tho Wayne comes with plenty of unknowns). McFad's made of glass, so Rice is the attraction. Jones is a big part of your roster; you drafted (most of) this team based on upside. Why cold feet?

Thanks for posting in my thread.

I'm on the fence. Its the unknowns of Hillis/Jones versus the knowns of Rice (tho Wayne comes with plenty of unknowns). McFad's made of glass, so Rice is the attraction. Jones is a big part of your roster; you drafted (most of) this team based on upside. Why cold feet?

Thanks for posting in my thread.

Def drafted on upside. Figure if I hit it right I got a descent shot of winning. Really don't want to have to rely on S Smith and T smith as WR's. Guess I should take the no brainer in Rice.

Also view Rice as a steady point scorer. Never really blows up. A WR like Mega who I hope Jones can be can win you your fantasy week by himself. I'm also having a hard time getting over Jones numbers this preseason. Just looks really special.

QB- Romo, Luck

TE- Witten, Rudolph

I would do it. I think Britt would end up being your wr2, with T. Smith as the wr3. The upgrade to Rice at rb is worth the wr gamble for me.

I would make the deal. I think Hillis and Jones will be great producers this year but I can't pass up on a stud like Rice. If later on in the season your 3 top RBs are healthy, you will be able to deal one for a very good receiver to make a run in the playoffs. I think this is a no brainer, just look at the ADP of these guys.

McFadden keeps going down, but it's to different injuries not the same soft tissue injury (Miles Austin/Andre) so he has the same odds as anyone to stay healthy this season, just bad luck. If Charles misses any time Hillis could be a stud, KC is going to run the ball like crazy this year. The upside play is to keep Julio and Hillis, but the "safe" play would be to get Rice and a mediocre WR.

I feel like it's a no brainer but I can't pull the trigger. Another part of me thinks that if/WHEN McFadden goes down I'm going to need a top RB. Also not sure what to think of Martin. I'm very high on him but without seeing him in any real action I don't know what to expect. Think I'm going to hold off and hope that maybe we can make trade in a couple weeks.

You need to do this deal, I think. Someone already mentioned it but you're upgrading RB so much, and still keeping a decent WR core. I could live with Cruz/Britt/Torrey Smith is solid, and you add in Steve Smith and you have enough depth to play matchups and replace Julio.

Don't forget the Martin upside. If he comes out strong on your bench you can move him + a Steve Smith type for an elite WR and have McFadden/Rice/elite WR. This trade gives you more flexibility.