Sign in to follow this  
PujolsJunkie

Very difficult decisions this week

I have a few very tough matchups this week and I'm already down in my game a bit because of Forte's injury and the other guy having Cedric Benson (ugh).

Roster

QB - Michael Vick vs BAL

RB - Matt Forte LOCKED

RB - Adrian Peterson @ IND

WR - AJ Green vs CLE

WR - Torrey Smith @ PHI

TE - Tony Gonzalez vs DEN

FLEX - Pierre Garcon @ STL

DST - Patriots vs ARI

Bench

QB - Carson Palmer @ MIA

RB - Willis McGahee @ ATL

RB - Jonathan Dwyer vs NYJ

RB - Kendall Hunter vs DET

RB - Toby Gerhart @ IND

WR - DeSean Jackson vs BAL

WR - Kendall Wright @ SD

TE - Dennis Pitta @ PHI

So, the questions:

1) Is there any way you would consider Palmer over Vick? Sounds ridiculous obviously. Can't dispute the matchup being in Palmer's favor, he will likely have Denarius Moore back in some capacity, and Vick is facing a team that may not let him finish the game in one piece.

2) Assuming Garcon's outlook is better, who do you start at the flex? Garcon, DeSean or McGahee?

Thank you in advance, and as I said, I will definitely help in return.

I have a few very tough matchups this week and I'm already down in my game a bit because of Forte's injury and the other guy having Cedric Benson (ugh).

Roster

QB - Michael Vick vs BAL

RB - Matt Forte LOCKED

WR - AJ Green vs CLE

WR - Torrey Smith @ PHI

DST - Patriots vs ARI

Bench

QB - Carson Palmer @ MIA

RB - Toby Gerhart @ IND

WR - Kendall Wright @ SD

TE - Dennis Pitta @ PHI

So, the questions:

1) Is there any way you would consider Palmer over Vick? Sounds ridiculous obviously. Can't dispute the matchup being in Palmer's favor, he will likely have Denarius Moore back in some capacity, and Vick is facing a team that may not let him finish the game in one piece.

2) Assuming Garcon's outlook is better, who do you start at the flex? Garcon, DeSean or McGahee?

Man, you;ve got it rough! I would be hesitant with Garcon this week. If he's good to go I would definitely say Garcon against a bad STL D and with RG3 ready to air it out. Garcon is said to have some lingering pain that might limit him in the game. I think he definitely plays, but I think you'll see Aldrick Robinson get into the game more.

Between Vick and Palmer I like Vick. He'll be focused on being better and Andy Dalton was able to get some production against Baltimore's secondary. I think he'll be a lock for 2TD cause they'll need to throw the ball, but may end up with atleast one INT. Tough call! I just don't like Palmer, and I do think Miami's D against the pass should be better than ppl think especially without great receivers on Oakland.

I would be hesitant with Desean if you're worried about Vick. Desean's success really relies on Vick right? so if you're playing Palmer and don't trust Vick why would you play DeSean? DeSean's also been out of practice this week, although he could get a lot of targets with the other Phi receiver injured as well.

I haven't looked at McGahee at all so anything I'd tell you would only be from other fantasy reports/sites. So the best I can do is just give you all these thoughts. Good luck and thanks for commenting on mine.

Roster

QB - Michael Vick vs BAL

RB - Matt Forte LOCKED

WR - AJ Green vs CLE

WR - Torrey Smith @ PHI

DST - Patriots vs ARI

Bench

QB - Carson Palmer @ MIA

RB - Toby Gerhart @ IND

WR - Kendall Wright @ SD

TE - Dennis Pitta @ PHI

So, the questions:

Man, you;ve got it rough! I would be hesitant with Garcon this week. If he's good to go I would definitely say Garcon against a bad STL D and with RG3 ready to air it out. Garcon is said to have some lingering pain that might limit him in the game. I think he definitely plays, but I think you'll see Aldrick Robinson get into the game more.

Between Vick and Palmer I like Vick. He'll be focused on being better and Andy Dalton was able to get some production against Baltimore's secondary. I think he'll be a lock for 2TD cause they'll need to throw the ball, but may end up with atleast one INT. Tough call! I just don't like Palmer, and I do think Miami's D against the pass should be better than ppl think especially without great receivers on Oakland.

I would be hesitant with Desean if you're worried about Vick. Desean's success really relies on Vick right? so if you're playing Palmer and don't trust Vick why would you play DeSean? DeSean's also been out of practice this week, although he could get a lot of targets with the other Phi receiver injured as well.

I haven't looked at McGahee at all so anything I'd tell you would only be from other fantasy reports/sites. So the best I can do is just give you all these thoughts. Good luck and thanks for commenting on mine.

THanks for answering mine!

This is tough, but I'd have to go with Vick...I trust Palmer even less.

If Garcon's a go...ya gotta go with him...otherwise Mcgahee and hope for the best.

Good luck!

I'd go with how you have it set. keep garcon there. only consider mcgahee to replace him. I WOULD consider Palmer for Vick in this matchup. Palmer had almost 300 yards and no ints though he had no WRs. If he keeps playing within himself, he will be just fine this year. Close to 300 every game especially when he gets his WRs back.

mine

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=407128

Miami's defense is better than they showed week 1. They jus spent too much time on the field last week. Since I find it hard to trust Okland I'd stick to Vick. Let's face it Vick is all about taking chances. You drafted him for this reason. Why not take the chance. Yeah they can hit him but he also makes his biggest plays when he's moving arOund. I really like Garçon. I'd start him also. with that said u are in a tough spot.

Here's mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=407123

I would go with Palmer. As a Dolphins fan, let me tell you first hand. Thier secondary sucks. I wouldn't play Garcon at all. He is a puss and I doubt he plays tomorrow. I would roll with Jax and McGahee instead of Garcon.

A bit different angle for you to consider.

I'd wait til morning if Maclin, DeSean Jackson don't play (both listed 'questionable') then I'd seriously consider not using Vick. Still it is a hard pill swallow starting Palmer ... but he is getting his receivers healthy.

Good Luck!

A bit different angle for you to consider.

I'd wait til morning if Maclin, DeSean Jackson don't play (both listed 'questionable') then I'd seriously consider not using Vick. Still it is a hard pill swallow starting Palmer ... but he is getting his receivers healthy.

Good Luck!

I see your point there, but I do think Vick will have both those guys at his disposal. Makes it very tricky. Now it looks like Garcon will be out so it's between McGahee and DeSean for flex. I'm leaning Willis.

Thanks for the input dude.

Well I started Vick and that went better than I could have ever hoped for. Unfortunately the Pats D...yikes. I also faced Eli and the Bills D so this week was doomed before the 1 PM games were over. On to the next one!