Sign in to follow this  
MrFantasy12

Griffin & Percy Harvin for A.Rodgers & Demaryius Thomas

Standard NFL.com league. I've been offered RG3 and Percy Harvin for Rodgers and Demaryius Thomas.

I'm tempted like hell to make the trade, but A.Rodgers is on fire right now. And D.Thomas has been pretty solid all year.

Im just wondering how does this improve your team ?

You must be smoking of you are even considering this trade.

Ask him for a WR1 along with RG3 and Harvin and then maybe I'd think about it.

Im just wondering how does this improve your team ?

You must be smoking of you are even considering this trade.

Ask him for a WR1 along with RG3 and Harvin and then maybe I'd think about it.

I probably am hallucinating. We're both tied at 5-2 in the league. Everyone else is 4-3 or worse.

My roster:

QB - A.Rodgers, Jake Locker

RB - Matt Forte, Michael Turner, Steven Jackson, Alex Green

WR - Victor Cruz, Demaryius Thomas, Randall Cobb, Antonio Brown, Kenny Britt

TE - Martellus Bennett, Dennis Pitta

His roster:

QB - RG3, Matt Ryan

RB - Darren McFadden, LeSean McCoy, Alfred Morris, Michael Bush

WR - Brandon Marshall, Jordy Nelson, Percy Harvin, Malcolm Floyd

TE - Brandon Myers, Jermaine Gresham

Having looked at the trade laid out like this and how it affects both rosters... I'm inclined to decline the trade. I was iffy about it from the beginning anyway but RG3 has been tearing it up. And Harvin has been putting up WR1 type numbers this year (he's got 20 more points than Demaryius Thomas does right now)

Percy has a tough playoff schedule and a questionable QB. I'm thinking of trading him down the stretch in my league.

I would try to get DMC for Turner included in the deal and instead of Percy go for Marshall or Jordy.

I countered his offer with this one:

Aaron Rodgers, Michael Turner, Demaryius Thomas

for

RG3, LeSean McCoy, Brandon Marshall

I probably didn't need the trade, but I'm in a trading kind of mood. But like you guys said, I'm not giving up Rodgers for nothing. RG3 is a stud, but his biggest impact is as a running quarterback right now. It's a giant risk I'm taking considering that if he goes down I'm screwed. He's already had one concussion.

Come to think about it... maybe I shouldn't even make this trade. Thoughts about what a countered with?

Dont trade Rogers n Thomas. Although Percy is a good receiver Ponder is not a good QB. He thinks hes Brady or Brees. Hes a short pass QB. Thomas has Peyton. Proven QB with the experience. Even with age against him hes still better than Ponder. As for Rodgers. Well hes Rodgers. No need to say more. Lol.

Dont trade Rogers n Thomas. Although Percy is a good receiver Ponder is not a good QB. He thinks hes Brady or Brees. Hes a short pass QB. Thomas has Peyton. Proven QB with the experience. Even with age against him hes still better than Ponder. As for Rodgers. Well hes Rodgers. No need to say more. Lol.

Yeah, but I'm not doing that trade. I countered it with another trade that I listed right above your other post. What do you think about what I countered with?

Sorry. Didnt see that. I wouldnt trade Rodgers at all. At least IMO if ur winning why mess with it? If in trade mood swap a low tier RB or WR.

Plus the teams Denver has over the next 3-4 weeks arent that strong. Good news for Thomas.

Sorry. Didnt see that. I wouldnt trade Rodgers at all. At least IMO if ur winning why mess with it? If in trade mood swap a low tier RB or WR.

Plus the teams Denver has over the next 3-4 weeks arent that strong. Good news for Thomas.

Yeah, I've been iffy about it anyway. Trade cancelled.

Don't trade Rodgers at all. You seem anxious to deal him. I wouldn't. He will have huge games down the stretch. Good luck. Please see mine. Thanks.http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=411377

Yeah, I've been iffy about it anyway. Trade cancelled.

Get that counteroffer back out there. Your team is weak at RB2 and this helps. Your competitors team looks stronger than yours. Rolling out Turner or S Jax is not going to scare anyone. Yes, you would have subject yourself to some risk of injury but Rodgers could always get injured himself. No risk no reward. You're the playoff underdog as it stands now.

Try your counter and see how it goes. If he comes back with Morris instead of McCoy, I would still do the trade if I were you. You need to shore up the RB2 before the playoffs. Maybe look at the playoff schedules involved first.

Counter Looks good to me. At this point you are likely to make the playoffs. I'd hate to trade Rodgers but McCoy has a sweet playoff schedule. Time to buy low. I wouldn't take any other than McCoy though. If he doesn't want to unload MArshall I'd do Rodgers and Morris for McCoy and RG3.

Counter Looks good to me. At this point you are likely to make the playoffs. I'd hate to trade Rodgers but McCoy has a sweet playoff schedule. Time to buy low. I wouldn't take any other than McCoy though. If he doesn't want to unload MArshall I'd do Rodgers and Morris for McCoy and RG3.

Ok. It's back up. Although you've got things a little mixed. Morris belongs to him, not me. So he's got RG3, McCoy, and Morris.

If nothing else the counter will force him to put his money where his mouth is. If he wants Rogers he's going to have to pay for him.