Sign in to follow this  
Battle-Tested

A commish's view.........

First I want to start off by thanking everyone for a fantastic 2004 season. Kudos to our Ultimate Champion - No Talent Ass Clowns.

Before we start adjusting our rules for next season I wanted to take a little time and state a few things I believe in, which is completely JMHO:

1) In fantasy football, league rules should be forever evolving (especially in a Dynasty league). The league should always tweak a little here.......tweak a little there.....until the one day we get lucky enough where the rules are rock solid and completely fair to every individual (owner). This is what we should strive for, which I have no doubt we will reach. :banana:

2) Dynasty league continuity is extremely important. And by continuity I mean having the same 12 owners for as long as possible. I guess I should have used the word longevity but didn't :pointstosky: .....oh well. My point is this.......rivalries will be made, enemies will be made, friendships will be made, etc. This is what makes staying together so cool. Even when you have tension between owners :pointstosky: .........that's drama, which is good. It livens up the league.

3) I also believe in diversity. All owners need to bring their own style to the table and not all styles should be the same. We need the go-getters :clap: as well as a few passives :pointstosky: . I will tell you that I believe every owner should be "active" in the way of answering posts directed at them, trade offers, etc. But having the different styles/personalities makes it a very interesting league.

4) Lastly, the duties of a commissioner (in my eyes) is too organize the wishes of the league. The 12 owners are the voice of the league. They decide how things should be handled. I, as commish, am only here to mediate, hold the money, type the rules, run the site, etc :cry: . I just wanted to make sure everyone knows that this is their league :unsure: ..........we are a democracy.

Well, thanks for your time. Now that we have a full league returning I will start addressing the adjusting of our rules. My idea is simple. I will open a thread for each rule that we desire to discuss....one at a time. I will put down some choices for everyone to vote on. Now, I know I might miss an option that an owner would like added as a choice, which we will debate as a league and come up with the best possible choices. Once we reached a verdict on the 1st rule that needed to be discussed......we will move on to the 2nd. And so on.

Remember.........majority rules. :pointstosky: