Sign in to follow this  
rwren

Draft Buddy for PDA?

Ijust got a Dell Axim PDA. Do you have a pocket pc version of draft buddy/compiler in the future? The PDA I have has pocket Excel, but I'm not sure how the macros would work on that version of Excel.

I'm not much of a PDA guy myself. I have strong doubts the macros will work in a PDA, but thinking about Buddy in particular, the only crucial macro that is used pulls the data from the Compiler at setup. It is possible to do that on a PC, save the Buddy file and then transfer it to the PDA to see if it works. I'd love to hear the outcome if you give it a shot.

I'll give it a try and see. The idea of using my pda at draft time intrigues me. To have all that information in the palm of my hand would be awesome. Also, since we have our draft at one of the league owner's house, I would have a lot of freedom to move around and not be stuck in one place.

Experiment failed evidently. I ran setup and saved the file. Then I moved the file to my pda. You can view the workbook quite nicely in pocket pc, but when it came to draft input, NO SOUP! The problem really is there's no drop down menus, so its still possible to type in the information during the draft, but then of course, the macros aren't working and the other sheets are useless.

the pocket pc version of Excel just isn't adequate. Dang it!