Sign in to follow this  
Darb33

Minnesota Mud Slingers (TOD)

Here is my team and my own thoughts, feel free to comment:

QB Start Mannning, Back-up Gannon, R. Johnson, Martin

One of the stronger positions on my roster. With Manning obviously I know I can put him in there every week and not have to worry about it. Gannon probably makes me the only team not named Mr. Anon with 2 top 10 Qbs. Johnson may beat out B. Johnson at some point, and with Martin any injury to Warner gives me another option at Qb(as well as trade bait). Grade A+ :eek:

RB Start Edge and Lewis, Back-up Jackson, Westbrook, Minor

This is the position that will make or break my team. IF(and a very big if) Edge is near or at 100% I'm money, if not a long season could be in store. I don't really plan on starting Lewis until later in the year, unless he looks good early. Took Jackson on the chance that Will Green doesn't work out. Minor and Westbrook are both just an injury away to RW or Duce to starting. Grade B-

WR Start Kev. Johnson, Morton and Rice, Back-up Alexander, Dyson, Franks, W. Jackson, and Hayes

This is by far my deepest position. Most likely none of these guys will finish in the top 10, however 3 or 4 of them have a shot at being in the top 20. If either of the 1st 3 I listed falters I have no doubt I can grab one of those guys off the bench and plug in there no problem. Lots of trade bait here. :eek: Grade A-

K Start Doug Brien

Took him late, just hoping he turns into a decent sleeper. Grade C

D Miami Dolphins

I was quite pleased to get them this late. I had them in a different league of mine last year and they scored pretty good each week. Grade B+

Overall Outlook B

I'll be conserative and give myself a B. I'll have no trouble at Qb or WR, the big question will be at Rb. I believe Edge can carry the load and out of the other 4 if I can just get one of them to produce here and there I could make the playoffs. Not bad since after the 5th round I thought I had no chance at a decent roster. I'm happy and looking forward to the season. :D

While I think quite highly of the starting cast on this squad, Edge and Lewis will put up good #'s even if not up to full speed, and that will only get better with time, I think the lack of depth is a little too much. Manning, (who will put up big #'s on a bye week :D ), is backed up, and there is good depth at WR. With a little luck this team will contend down to the wire, but I see lots of scrambling to make deals in the future future for Darb if anything goes wrong. Simply Unpredictable :eek:

QB

Solid A+

RB

Three months ago I was not going to take Edge, but by the time my money league drafts, I may take him the 1st round. Three months ago I would not consider taking Jamal and I still wouldn't take him. I just have a bad vibe?!?!? You have some nice youth and Westbrook may see some action this year. Botton line, trade Manning and land a stud or trade Gannon and land a 2 tier guy. B (nice guys but no depth)

WR

Three 2nd tier WR's are not a bad thing! As a unit, these guys should put up consistent numbers every week! I heard Rice put on 15 pounds of muscle in the offseason. Average back-ups, but I see a trade in the mix very soon!

ST

Not too great!?!?!?

Overall - After a package deal this team is great, but as it stands now B- for lack of RB depth.