Sign in to follow this  
Fubars

Early Projections

I know maybe posting your projections may not be wise especially when only the people you are going against will see it, but oh well. And who knows, I could be throwing you off by posting this. I like to see what other people think or their take. Here are very early projections in this years Keeper-Dynasty draft :(Remember, these projections are for a Keeper-Dynasty league and not what I think they will do in one year.)

1. Marshall Faulk - pretty much by a long shot. His health is always in question, but his numbers are not. He has probably 4-5 great years left in him and still will be pretty good after that.

2. Kurt Warner - He is actually a big drop off to Faulk, but dare I say he puts up the numbers consistently. His health is good, but not great. Hakim may of hurt his value, but then again, slot recievers are a dime a dozen in the league. Still probably have 4-5 great years and maybe more if he stays healthy.

3. Ahman Green - Like I said, this is a Keeper League. Garcia ranked ahead of him last year, but Green is the man in GB. Fumble problems could be a factor, but he is the go to guy on the ground. Levens, if he is still there, will be just a third down back or will be used rarely. The only thing against him is how long Favre can play. I still think Farve can play for a few more years and Green will reaps the benefits. Even alone, Green was punishing LB's and DB's last year.

4. Jeff Garcia - I put him their because of uncertainty. If Owens-Marriucci affair still is shaky, Owens could be gone when his contract is up or a trade.

5. Priest Holmes - I put him ahead of Alexander because I don't know what Seattle did with Watters. Holmes is the main man in KC and he is playing under the system that Faulk is flourishing in.

6. Peyton Manning - Interceptions! Too bad they count for minus points or else he would easily made it to the top 5. He's slightly outside of the 5 but it would be foolish too pass him up if he is around 6-12. The huge upside is he has at least 10 more years in him. Barring injury of course.

7. Donovan McNabb - He has youth, he has the skills and he can run, but being the most atheletic QB in the league doesn't necessary mean fantasy points. His wideouts are not spectacular and are inconsistent. Once Philly get Chris Carter :D he will do well.

8. Brett Farve - As a Viking fan, I'm still waiting for this guy to break down, but it never seems to happen. He had sort of a comeback year last year to the QB elite. His age is a question in a keeper league, but his heart and health is never an issue.

9. a. Marvin Harrison b.Terrell Owens

I couldn't decide who to pick ahead of one another. Both posted the same numbers and both have advantages over one another. Harrison may have the slight edge, but Owens, I believe has the age. I may not be sure about that.

11. Aaron Brooks - I had Aaron Brooks last year in one of my leagues and there were so many times where I wanted to just drop him for someone like Brady. No other guys would touch him if I tried to trade him. He has a year under him and he has the WR's. Haslet seems want to want to pass and not run when he is close to the endzone.

12. Ricky Williams - With that said (about Haslett and Brooks) Williams will have great years to come in the Miami system. They like to pound the ball first and then pass. Too bad they didn't have anyone to pound the ball with last year so Fiedler had to pulls some wins out of his arse.

I'm sure there are some glaring ommissions and you can make a case for a number of them such as:

Curtis Martin - was awesome, but tailed off and age/health is now an issue

Corey Dillon - could of been in the top 12, but inconsistency and playing for the Bengals hurt him.

Shaun Alexander - I tell you, if he is available around my spot, I may pick him. He seems to be popular choice in the top 10, but I don't buy it just yet. There is the Watters situation and you never know what Holmgren wants to do. I think he is still pissed in letting go ahman green to his old team. I'm sure I'll get some flak for keeping him out of the top 12

Anthony Thomas - Probably should rank up there, but he needs to do it at least 2 years in a row to break the top 12.

Steve McNair - Ranked higher than some QB's listed in the top 12, but is normally a slow starter and then comes on strong. If you can nab him for a 2nd QB, pick him up or he wouldn't be a bad 1st QB.

Culpepper-Moss - I grouped these two together because they go hand in hand. I can't believe the uncertainty going in this year for my Vikes. Carter is all but gone and our defense has many holes. Our running game stinks, but I hope Bennett gets better.

Edgerin James- He is kind of the X factor. he's coming off of injury and may not be available for the first 8 games. It really depends how fast he heals and no one will really know until he gets out on the field. If someone drafts him early, they are drafting for the future. (It's kind of like the David Robinson draft pick in basketball. San Antonio drafted him, but he still had to finish his enlistment in the Navy, then he could play. So the Spurs picked him, but they had to wait. It was well worth the wait for them.) Sorry for the B-ball rambling. It will be a huge plus if James can play 8 games this year.

I still didn't name all the possible players to go the 1st round such as Boston, Holt, Gannon, Stephen Davis, LT2, Tony Gonzales, and maybe, but probably not Antowain Smith.

I hope this kind of helped. I welcome any info. or even criticism on this. Good Luck All.

My early projections are:

I lose 1 game all season and it is not the Super Bowl. Everyone is just playing so they can donate all of their money to me. :D ;) :D

DartPro

Let the trash talking begin!!!!!!!!!