Sign in to follow this  
bugsbrain

Why did the computer pick for me?

Doesn't the timer go off at midnight??? I was just about to pick someone, and it wasn't Heap.

Bill can I email you who I want, since only Harrington has been chosen so far?

i don't think the timer has been getting shut off.

That is why the predrafting is so important.

Of course it has, that's why nobody's pick was made at 12PM and not at 6AM. The timer had to be off between 12AM and 6AM and his 6 hours only began then.

Lord of the flies

Member # 5530

posted 07-27-2003 10:47 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone,

It looks like there is still problems with the draft date.

So, I have an idea.

As soon as I get the rest of the keepers, I will open up the draft and everyone can select their player when they have time (and access) but I won't turn the timer on until August 7th.

Then on the 7th the timer will be on and set for 6 hours. The timer will be on all the time.

this is from a previous post by Bill.

note: Timer will not be shut off.

yes nobody.

See my above post, as to Bill saying he was going to turn on the timer and it never shuts off.

People are going to need to be sure they predraft.

I got stung last year in rounds 2 and 3. I lived with it and traded my wy out of the jam.

The next few people are in real jeopardy because they failed to predraft and if they do not check in.....trouble.

Actually last year the timer did turn off at midnight and I presumed we were following the same rules this year, especially since I understood that nobody's timer began at 6AM.

When did we decide that the timer should not be closed at night? We're already in the 4th round and it's only Aug. 8, we're not racing against time here. Some of us can't be on the net 24/7 to see if our pick is up. Pre-drafting 10 places ahead is equal to allowing the computer make the pick.

i would have to agree with bugs on his take on the timer i think it should be turned off at nite

to me it really doesnt matter since i am just a retired beach bum but for those that work a 24 hour timer is real tuff and really we arent in any big hurry are we

bugsbrain:

Actually last year the timer did turn off at midnight and I presumed we were following the same rules this year, especially since I understood that nobody's timer began at 6AM.

When did we decide that the timer should not be closed at night? We're already in the 4th round and it's only Aug. 8, we're not racing against time here. Some of us can't be on the net 24/7 to see if our pick is up. Pre-drafting 10 places ahead is equal to allowing the computer make the pick.

As far as starting early i agree with you.

But i got to admit, Bill did post it about the timer being constant.

Just predraft before you go to bed, that is not so hard. I work 12 hour days, i have to predraft before i go to work, How is that differnet than predrafting before you go to bed?

its not.

I predrafted a pick about 15 spaces before i went.

I do not know what is so hard about that.

Lets just keep this thing rolling and keep predrafting if you are going to be away from the computer.

Let's leave it alone. We have 17 rounds to get through. Nobody....as for example: I knew when I went to bed at 11pm last night that bus hadn't made his pick yet...therefore I said to myself, I have at least until 5am (knowing that there maybe a possibility that everyone picking before me was either up late or pre-drafted). So I set my alarm for 4:45am (Iget up at 5am anyway). Easy as pie. We are grown adults and I hope can add and subtract 6 hours. Let's keep this thing rolling.........

It's been posted for a while now that the timer will be left on "ALL THE TIME".

Battle-Tested:

Let's leave it alone. We have 17 rounds to get through. Nobody....as for example: I knew when I went to bed at 11pm last night that bus hadn't made his pick yet...therefore I said to myself, I have at least until 5am (knowing that there maybe a possibility that everyone picking before me was either up late or pre-drafted). So I set my alarm for 4:45am (Iget up at 5am anyway). Easy as pie. We are grown adults and I hope can add and subtract 6 hours. Let's keep this thing rolling.........

It's been posted for a while now that the timer will be left on "ALL THE TIME".

I pretty much agree here, it's not like Bill did not post the rule, it clearly stated in the post quoted above the timer will not shut off. I think it would be more user friendly to have it shut off from 12-6, but that not what we were directed to go by, so we all just have to adjust.

nobody:

bigtuna:

Just predraft before you go to bed, that is not so hard. I work 12 hour days, i have to predraft before i go to work, How is that differnet than predrafting before you go to bed?

Someone will always be focked in the middle of the night unless they want to get on and check their computer. Let's say Team 1 is drafting and Team 2 is on deck but is ready to to sleep so Team 2 pre drafts, then Teams 3, 4, 5, and 6 predraft. Team 7 already went to sleep thinking he had 5 people in front of him. Let's say team 1 Picks at midnight, Team 2,3,4,5,and 6 picks go in instanteously and then Team 7 is on the clock at midnight. Now the Team 7 owner needs to wake up before 6 to get the pick in.

Moral of the story is we need to predraft the whole thing for someone not to miss their pick overnight.

We can either extend the clock to say 8 hours or turn it off at midnight. As it stands even if everyone makes a round's worth of predrafts, someone will still lose their pick when they go to sleep.

I thought about this when I read the rules. I was just going to make sure I slept less than 6 hours. Got to play the cards your dealt, you dig?

Maybe every night someone can bite the bullet and wait to make their pick until 2 or 3 am. That way it will give everyone else a chance to wake up.

My point is the same thing happens when you go to work, your gone for 9-12 hours and stuff happens, just like when you go to bed. Many of us have no access to computers at work. thats why we predraft.

agreed, though. Time to move on. this is long draft.