Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Round 4 comments

Oh round 4...I used to think you were so close to me.....now you seem so far away.....why did you do this to me??? If football scooter hadn't run off with that slutty round 3 we could be together.

Guest TheCheat
Oh round 4...I used to think you were so close to me.....now you seem so far away.....why did you do this to me??? If football scooter hadn't run off with that slutty round 3 we could be together.

That is some funny sh!t, right there.

Guest TheCheat
What the fock? It's been 15 seconds - pick you assfocks!!!

:rolleyes:

This, too, is not unhilarious.

You guys are pretty focking entertaining when you're stressed out. :ph34r:

wayne was his choice -- not to worry he is online and should pick soon :)

If Freddy T is healthy he could be a steal

or if they don't trade for Alexander :banana:

Gonzo was a great picki -- he was my guy at 4.06 :wall:

or if they don't trade for Alexander :banana:

He is healthy and that is not happening ....he is more reliable than the other RB that was available there, with a better defense and offense. And that trade isn't gunna happen.

or if they don't trade for Alexander   :rolleyes:

Gonzo was a great picki -- he was my guy at 4.06   :wall:

He is healthy and that is not happening ....he is more reliable than the other RB that was available there, with a better defense and offense. And that trade isn't gunna happen.

if he is indeed healthy, they are over-hyping his knee injury/treatment

Guest TheCheat

Dunno, methinks Del Rio and Smith doth protest too much. Otoh, he's a great value at 3.12 if he *does* play. (I had him in one league last year and he was great down the stretch, tho he licked balls the first half of the season.)

And Gonzo in the 4th round sucks in no way. :rolleyes:

or if they don't trade for Alexander :rolleyes:

Know he wasn't. ;) :(

Dunno, methinks Del Rio and Smith doth protest too much. Otoh, he's a great value at 3.12 if he *does* play. (I had him in one league last year and he was great down the stretch, tho he licked balls the first half of the season.)

And Gonzo in the 4th round sucks in no way. :rolleyes:

Plus look at my other RB choices..everything at that point was a gamble.I could have taken Gonzo and another elite WR and left myself starting a fourth and fifth round RB.

Second thought only 1 RB through 4 rounds could really hurt you :wall:

by the time 5.12 comes along you might have to take a flyer on Barry Sanders coming back :rolleyes:

Second thought only 1 RB through 4 rounds could really hurt you :unsure:

by the time 5.12 comes along you might have to take a flyer on Barry Sanders coming back :shocking:

I have a couple longshots picked out

by the time 5.12 comes along you might have to take a flyer on Barry Sanders coming back :shocking:

GAWD, I was targeting him this round. :unsure:

Tanks for Nothin' Danny!

Tsunami was lurking, then a rush of water washed him right out of the forearm before he made his pick :shocking:

Guest TheCheat
Second thought only 1 RB through 4 rounds could really hurt you  :unsure:

by the time 5.12 comes along you might have to take a flyer on DEFINITELY-NOT-Barry Sanders coming back   :shocking:

Don't worry Moz, I edited your quote above before scootah sees it.

ETA--That doesn't quite work. Maybe I shoulda went Colonel Sanders.

Tsunami was lurking, then a rush of water washed him right out of the forearm before he made his pick  :thumbsup:

Christ people!! :banana: Haven't we learned....ALWAYS HAVE A BUDDY WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES WHEN LURKING!! :headbanger:

Now we have wait until high tide before he returns!! :headbanger:

An earthquake occured and the Tsunami is rushing back ! He said within 30 Min. He has to get together with his leagal team to discuss possible leaks of informationn :mad: ( he's still sore about Scooter picking Wayne ) . :o :mad:

Interesting picks. Not what I expected at all.

You do know that Taylor is exected to miss minicamps and has yet to even begin running, right?

For a "minor scope" as reported, he should have been recovered by now.

:mad:

( he's still sore about Scooter picking Wayne ) . :o :mad:

WINNAH!

I am on my way to work now...will be there in +/- 35 mins, and unless Tsunami focks me like I focked him with fountains of Wayne, then I kno who I want.

Interesting picks. Not what I expected at all.

You do know that Taylor is exected to miss minicamps and has yet to even begin running, right?

For a "minor scope" as reported, he should have been recovered by now.

Jaguars | Del Rio Denies RB Trade Speculation - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 7 Jun 2005 20:39:32 -0700

Vic Ketchman, of Jaguars.com, reports Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Jack Del Rio denied reports the Jaguars are pursuing a trade for Seattle Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander, and maintained the position that RB Fred Taylor's (knee) rehab from offseason knee surgery is on-schedule and without setback "No, we like the group we have," Del Rio said when asked if he was interested in trading for Alexander or Buffalo Bills RB Travis Henry. "At this point in the offseason, guys are looking for stories and throw that out there and see what sticks on the wall. We have nothing on the burner right now. We'll let you know if there's anything going on."

We've all seen that, I'm sure.

on the other hand...

Latest update

May 27, 2005 - 7:28 p.m.

Nerves are on edge inside Alltel Stadium when it comes to the health of running back Fred Taylor, which could be a lot worse than the Jaguars are letting on. The team announced in January that Taylor had undergone a simple arthroscopic procedure on his left knee, but almost five months later, Taylor still isn’t close to getting back on the field. “Scopes” usually don’t take that long to heal, and Taylor was quite testy last month when pressed about his situation. The Jaguars say Taylor will be back by training camp, but that appears doubtful.

:lol:

Ps - having just 1 RB through 4 rounds = suicide when you draft at 12th.

one man's opinion.

Now that you took Brown I can discuss the fact that McNair saying this below plus the fact that the Titans lost half their team and their D is gunna blow..had me take my chances on Taylor..I could have taken Brown& Taylor but I needed to snag Gonzo.

Why would the team leader say this???

Quarterback Steve McNair is one who would welcome the addition of Henry, if the Titans were to land him in a deal with the Bills.

“I feel like he would be a good addition to the team and take a little bit of the pressure off of Chris,” McNair said. “But if not, Chris can handle the load. As an offense, we’ve just got to stay healthy and stay within our right frame of mind. If [the trade] happens, great. But if not, life goes on and we have to continue to get better and improve this offense some kind of way.”

Brown i thought would go mid 3rd -- I was almost 50/50 between him and Lamont Jordan :cheers: :wall:

I am focking pissed the Tsunami picked Gates :wall:

I was sure I would have 1 of the 2 with my 4th rounder

one man's opinion.

Now that you took Brown I can discuss the fact that McNair saying this below plus the fact that the Titans lost half their team and their D is gunna blow..had me take my chances on Taylor..I could have taken Brown& Taylor but I needed to snag Gonzo.

Quarterback Steve McNair is one who would welcome the addition of Henry, if the Titans were to land him in a deal with the Bills.

“I feel like he would be a good addition to the team and take a little bit of the pressure off of Chris,” McNair said. “But if not, Chris can handle the load. As an offense, we’ve just got to stay healthy and stay within our right frame of mind. If [the trade] happens, great. But if not, life goes on and we have to continue to get better and improve this offense some kind of way.”

Either way it's a risk...instaed of having two unreliable RB's I took (in my opinion) my best option plus a no brainer in Gonzo

I'm not really worried about taking another in round 5 because their are alot of RB longshots this year just like the Droughns/ Blaylock situation of last year.

Either way I still have the best WR and TE and IMO a QB that is better than Culpeper without Moss and Can run in TD's unlike Manning.

one man's opinion.

Either way it's a risk...instaed of having two unreliable RB's I took (in my opinion) my best option plus a no brainer in Gonzo

I'm not really worried about taking another in round 5 because their are alot of RB longshots this year just like the Droughns/ Blaylock situation of last year.

Either way I still have the best WR and TE and IMO a QB that is better than Culpeper without Moss and Can run in TD's unlike Manning.

ILM - that makes sense - Mean why take a RB not even in the top 25 when you can take the best TE -- IMO I would not have taken Fraud but maybe he comes on this year - just becasue he doesn't get TD's - not even counting his injury.

one man's opinion.

ILM - that makes sense - Mean why take a RB not even in the top 25 when you can take the best TE -- IMO I would not have taken Fraud but maybe he comes on this year - just becasue he doesn't get TD's - not even counting his injury.

Yeah it's all a gamble...kind of regretting not taking Brown but those Titans " gametime descisions" on Brown really made me steer clear.

ahill usually comes along every once and a while so it shouoldn't be too long

PS I will be gone from 1:45 - 1

Guest TheCheat
ahill usually comes along every once and a while so it shouoldn't be too long

PS  I will be gone from 1:45 - 1

:sleep: I know I'm a persnickety biatch, Moz, but how do you manage to misspell even TIMES? :rolleyes:

Actually, my logic went like this:

If you took CBrown at the turn, I would have taken either TGonz, Gates, or WRX, WRY or WRZ at 4.03 had they been available.

However since Brown was there he was a no-brainer for me. Why? Simple: If you are going to take a risky RB, might as well take the one who's going to get GL carries.

Fred Taylor doesn't. Del Rio gave him ample opportunity last year and opted to take the GL carries away from him.

CBrown broke his hand...that's not quite as bad as knee surgery, and all reports on CB's legs/ankles/turf toe is that he's 100% (with the exception of the hand injury). In my other early bird leagues, CB went in at 2.12 and 3.05 respectively - I thought he was too good a value to pass up at 4.03

Taylor went at 5.04 in one and has yet to be drafted in the one that's drafting now and in the 6th round.

Brown i thought would go mid 3rd -- I was almost 50/50 between him and Lamont Jordan  :banana:  :lol:

Gates wouldn't have made it even close to coming back to you. Had Tsunami not taken him, I would have. I had Gates/TGonz and CB of almost equal value.

Actually, I had Gates/TGonz projected at about 1000/10, and CB at 1500/12/2 but the health risk made me use last year's numbers of 1000/6 and average it out with the upside. But now I don't have to sweat the next 19 picks without a 3rd back.

Actually, my logic went like this:

If you took CBrown at the turn, I would have taken either TGonz, Gates, or WRX, WRY or WRZ at 4.03 had they been available.

However since Brown was there he was a no-brainer for me. Why? Simple: If you are going to take a risky RB, might as well take the one who's going to get GL carries.

Fred Taylor doesn't. Del Rio gave him ample opportunity last year and opted to take the GL carries away from him.

CBrown broke his hand...that's not quite as bad as knee surgery, and all reports on CB's legs/ankles/turf toe is that he's 100% (with the exception of the hand injury). In my other early bird leagues, CB went in at 2.12 and 3.05 respectively - I thought he was too good a value to pass up at 4.03

Taylor went at 5.04 in one and has yet to be drafted in the one that's drafting now and in the 6th round.

I guess we'll have to see how it all pans out.........where did Curtis Martin get drafted in your leagues last year??