Sign in to follow this  
Miller_Time_21

This league is crazy!

9 out of the first 12 selections are RB's!!! I believe that should be a record. The significance we all place on the RB position is leaving some great values at other spots as we enter into round #2!

I must say, we all know about Jocobs now with the recent hype, but never did I expect to see him go round 1!

Make that 11 of the first 15 picks.

I think you might be a bit disappointed that both of your handcuff RB's went before your 2.05...I actually had it charted out that way in my mock.

Matt Jones is a nice snag at 2.05, though. I'm really high on the kid, and he's got all of the physical tools and a great situation that he's going to in Jax.

Make that 11 of the first 15 picks.

I think you might be a bit disappointed that both of your handcuff RB's went before your 2.05...I actually had it charted out that way in my mock.

Matt Jones is a nice snag at 2.05, though. I'm really high on the kid, and he's got all of the physical tools and a great situation that he's going to in Jax.

Only disappointed in Morency, I think Buckhalter is still the main cuff to westy actually. I was shocked you chose Moats over Morency to be honest. My list was looking like Morency, Clayton, Jones. I knew I wouldn't be getting Moats, b/c he was going to be long gone by the 2.8 pick where I would have picked him at.

Wow...and I thought I was high on Morency.

Almost every draft I've seen has had Moats going before Morency. Moats is a Westbrook clone, which is why most magazines and sites are predicting that, unless Westbrook is willing to get raped in contract negotiations next year, that Moats will step into Westbrook's shoes in the Eagle offense in 2006. That means that he'll be stuck in a RBBC with either Buckhalter or the other big back-du jour, but he should be a solid producer.

That's a lot of ifs, but Morency has a few more ifs in front of him in Houston. The Texans absolutely love Domanick, but that's only when he's healthy. I would bet that Davis would return in 2006 with a decent contract...all of the Texans' offseason moves have been made to clear cap. Casserly's a smart sumbeatch...and he knows that Domanick is a local fan favorite. The Morency gamble is based on injury, while the Moats gamble is more of a matter of time.

But either way, I really like both players' prospects in the NFL...

I knew you were high on Morency, that's why I figured he;d be the pick. I'm just not close to being sold on Moats. Not many guys the size of Westbrook and pull off what he can. These guys just don't come walking into the league every day. When I look at Moats I see carear 3rd down back. Not much more. I thought the same about Westy though until he proved me dead wrong. Could be wrong here as well. I just see Morency as the more talented player, plus DD is more valuable to me to protect. That's the reasons I made the decision to target them that way. But since Morency was history, it really doesn't matter, lol. Just my .02

Man, I'm a RB wh0re:

1.11 Frank Gore, RB SFO

2.01 Ryan Moats, RB PHI

2.11 Alvin Pearman, RB JAX

Can you tell where my area of need was coming into this draft?

Man, I'm a RB wh0re:

1.11 Frank Gore, RB SFO

2.01 Ryan Moats, RB PHI

2.11 Alvin Pearman, RB JAX

Can you tell where my area of need was coming into this draft?

I salute you and your gang of garage sale busts. :shocking:

By the way, we have now selected all RB's that were taken in the first four rounds of the NFL draft (save one mighty midget), and one that was taken in the 6th round - and we're not even halfway done with our draft. That means that there is some serious value out there at other positions at this point.