Sign in to follow this  
tspinoso

Questions....

Nice job Mike. You have clearly put much time and effort, thus saving me many hours of work! Thank you.

I have two questions:

1. Will have have a manual or complete set of instructions for the spreadsheets?

2. (questions one may answer this) If I am going to use add another cheat sheet to the mix how do I do it? If they do not publish projected stats, but only a ranking is there any way it can still be used?

Thanks for your help

TS

Hi TS. In answer to your questions:

1. Yes. Will get to it soon, plus some screen shots and other things to add to the site.

2. This is not a difficult process once you get the hang of it, but it is a lot to explain. We went through this quite a bit last year though. Let me dig up some old posts with some guidance, tips and tricks.

Keep in mind this will be for the old version, so there could be some cell reference differences. Try to learn the concept rather than copying the notes exactly. Again, it is not difficult with practice. I can get Krueger's new projections in the Compiler from his spreadsheets in about 20 minutes.

2b. If you only have rankings, they are of little value to the Compiler. You need actual projections so it can customize to your scoring, and average together the projections from multiple sources if that is what you want to do.

This is the best post we've got on importing projections.

No promises, but I am working on something to make this process of importing projections much easier. I haven't gotten too far other than ideas and a nifty name for it at this point. We will see though. In the meantime, fall in love with VLOOKUP function as described in the above linked post.

Mike,

Just a quickie about updating. If I take the time to import a bunch of web projections, are they going to be overwritten when I receive updates to the compiler? Let me know. Thanks.

-M.

They will not be overwritten, because you will be downloading a new file under a new filename. Something catchy, like fftoday_compiler_2003_2.0.zip ;)

So, you will still have the old file, but then you'll need to get the projections from old to new. By that time, you will have become such an Excel expert it will be no issue to copy them over to the new Compiler. (If you want to, remember those projections will go out of date as well, and perhaps lose some usefulness.)

Also, (keep your fingers crossed), and I might be able to work out something to transfer projections over with relative ease. I would rather hit some other new features first though, like adding ADP to Buddy and an IDP depth chart. Then we'll have to see what my time allows.

I don't know if this question has been asked, Mike, but do I need to enable macros when opening the speadsheet? (I always disable macros when I open Excel spreadsheets.) Anyway, when I hit "Compile Cheatsheets", I get a pop up that tells me the macros are disabled, which implies to me that the cheatsheets are not being compiled to my specs. Looking at the cheatsheets that come up, I can't tell if they were generated from my league specs, or just default FFT values. Thanks.

Hi Thornton. Yes, you need to enable macros when you open the Compiler for it to properly generate your cheatsheets. Same with Draft Buddy, you need to enable macros so it will run the setup properly.