Sign in to follow this  
T Boyd

cheatsheet compiler 2003

Is there any time frame for when the compiler will be available?

Just wondering

Stick around and be active.

Don't just troll here, be an active poster and you'll find league openings and such.

Post on either the FFToday Board or the Geek Club or both!

Where in Michigan are you, Detroit area here!

Cant wait for football to start. want to defend my champion status in my league. hoping for compiler to come out soon as it was a big factor in my team doing well

Originally posted by SquirrelNutZippers:

Cant wait for football to start. want to defend my champion status in my league. hoping for compiler to come out soon as it was a big factor in my team doing well

Great to hear it Squirrel! I'm working on the Compiler and Buddy right now. Hope to have it done soon.

Had some really bad luck last year (Warner/Boston) and still made the playoffs. I didn't win, but remained competitive, thanks to the compiler...can we expect any new features this year?

About the Cheatsheet Compiler...

It seems that the good folks at Profootballanalysis.com have teamed up with ffchamps.com. According to FFChamps, the compiler software costs $29.95. Does anyone know if the compiler is going to be offered for free? I found it was a great tool for running my draft last year and would like to use it again.

[ 06-12-2003: Message edited by: SmallRugMountain ]

Originally posted by SmallRugMountain:

About the Cheatsheet Compiler...

It seems that the good folks at Profootballanalysis.com have teamed up with ffchamps.com. According to FFChamps, the compiler software costs $29.95. Does anyone know if the compiler is going to be offered for free? I found it was a great tool for running my draft last year and would like to use it again.

[ 06-12-2003: Message edited by: SmallRugMountain ]

i am by no means "in the know" but last year the compiler was offered at a couple of different sites. i know ffcpi offered it and included their projections as part of one of their package programs. i used the compiler from fftoday, with their projections pre-loaded, and it was free.

i am only guessing, but the arrangement will probably be similar this year. certain pay sites will work it into their packages and places like this will offer it gratis....

at least i hope. i think 75% of my post activity here has been regarding the compiler.

Hey guys. Still working away at the Compiler and Draft Buddy with a planned/hopeful release next week. After what should be a marathon work session all weekend, I think that timetable is doable (Krueger - need those projections! ;) )

Since the topic has come up however, I don't want all of you to have to speculate on how the Compiler/Buddy is going to be distributed this year.

First of all, yes, I have teamed up with FF Champs and the Compiler is being offered as part of our Draft Kit, Silver and Gold packages. The pre-season Draft Kit package is $29.95, but that includes not only the Compiler and Draft Buddy with FF Champs' player projections updated through to the start of the season, but Champs rankings, sleeper picks, draft strategy, player profiles and more. I might add, my IDP projections and profiles which were available at FF Today in 2002 are now exclusive to FF Champs under our partnership.

Second, the Compiler and Buddy package WILL be available at FF Today again this year (yay! :) ). But, it will not be free (boo! :( ).

Seriously though, as I think most of you know I have spent a ton of time on the Compiler and Buddy the past few years. Not only developing them with continual improvements based on a mountain of great feedback, but keeping on top of updates and providing constant tech support all pre-season. Those who have sent me questions can attest the responses are prompt and range anytime between 8:00am past 2:00am the next day, pretty much every day June to September.

And how do I do this? Well, I have a consulting job which I essentially stop working at during football season so I can pursue this career path. That is how committed I am to trying to make this work. I focus 100% on football (Compiler, Buddy, etc.) to offer the best products to you that I can.

Financially speaking though, I cannot continue to offer Compiler/Buddy at no charge. What I can and will do though is offer it at what I think is a very reasonable price for what you get. The plan, and I don't see this changing, is to sell the FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler and Draft Buddy package for $14.95.

This will of course include updates all through the pre-season, including updated projections, depth charts and features. Plus world class tech support via message board and email.

I think that is a fair offer. In a perfect world the Compiler and Buddy would continue to be free for all but that is not meant to be. I know some who used it in the past for free won't buy it now. I truly am sorry to lose anyone because I definitely want the Compiler/Buddy to be considered the best fantasy football draft prep software available anywhere. This is the right time for this though. I couldn't continue the other way for another season.

Anyway, as usual, I've rambled on and on. I hope everyone jumps aboard for another great season. Now it is late but I will check back in tomorrow or Sunday to give a sneak peak at the new features I've added to the Compiler and Buddy for 2003.

Cheers,

Mike