Sign in to follow this  
danglading

Help from Mike the Excel Guy....

I've been reading your advice on the forums, and getting great help from your compiler and draft buddy. Thanks for all the work in creating that, it's pretty powerful. It seems that you know what you're doing a lot more than I do in Excel, so I thought I'd ask you this question.

I have a file which contains Average Draft Position data seperated into tabs by position. I have player names, position, team, ADP, high pick, and low pick as columns with the players listed below. I want to create an overall tab which takes those position tabs and combines them in order of ADP. This seems to be what your compiler is doing from the position lists to the overall list (by fantasy points instead of ADP, but same theory), but I can't seem to find what formula you are using to do this.

Can you give me a guess as to how I can accomplish what I want? If my explanation of my request wasn't enough, I can forward you my excel file for you to see what I mean.

Any help you can give me would be great.

Thanks

So the ADP data does refer to the entire draft position, not just where they were drafted by position? I think that makes sense..

I think all you need to do is create a new sheet, then copy and paste the data from every position tab into this new sheet. Put them one on top of the other. Say QB first rows 1 to 40 (guessing here), then RB next rows 41-100, WR row 101-170, etc.

Once you have this long, long table of all the data, then all you need to do is sort the whole thing. Start at the top left cell in the table and highlight to the bottom right cell. Choose Data > Sort and set it to sort by ADP (ascending). That should do the trick I think.