Sign in to follow this  
fireduck

WR/TE setup question

(prefacing this post with the disclaimer that i really knew little about fantasy or regular football, but i joined a league for the first time last year, used the cheatsheet and came out first place. so now i'm hooked even though i still know little)

our league settings this year include a WR/TE for the TE position. the web instructions simply state putting 0s in the TE roster spots. but when one compiles, no TEs appear in the cheatsheet (which seems logical). how do i handle this situation? (i'm using the yahoo league and i'd like to be able to pre-rank everything so that i can't screw it up too much).

i suppose i could include the TE position, and then during the draft, check to see which pops up first, the 4th WR or the 1st TE and pick from there... ? or is there a more elegant way of doing this?

The TE don't exactly disappear from the cheatsheet, they are mixed together with the WR and included that section, which is what you're looking for I think by using a combined WR/TE category. There won't be a lot of TE because they score so low compared to WR. Tony Gonzalez should be in the 20-30 range of WR (if memory serves).

Does this help, or did I not understand your question?

yes. thank you.

the TE designation disappears from their position, and they are all listed as WRs. I did a quick scan through the compiled cheatsheet looking for the TE position and noticed none listed so I presumed something odd had happened (didn't bother to check actual names). Now I understand...