Sign in to follow this  
Gary M

DT/ST tackles and assisted tackles

Mike would it be possible for you to add the tackles and assisted tackels to the DT/ST like you did for the individual defensive players? I tried to do it while you were away and I messed it all up.

Ok, back from vacation and ready to answer some questions.

Gary, does your league really score tackles and assists for each team? I've never seen that before. Where are you getting the numbers for these? Did you make you own projections for 2002?

If you have projected numbers, then let me ask are there any team defense categories currently in the Compiler that you do not use? Blocked kicks or special team TDs perhaps? If there are some unused categories, what you could do is just copy the tackle and assist numbers into these columns and use it for the new stat instead of what it was originally intended for.

Respond back to let me know if that works or not. I have another slightly more complicated idea if needed.

We use all the categories, the scoring is based as 30-35 tackes gets 2pts and so on, the same for assisted tackles. I made my own projections just as I do every year, basically just to see how I do agianst all the "PRO's". I really dont like all of the defensive scoring categories in our league but we vote on everything and this was a idea someone had. I couldnt get enough people to vote my way on this one so it went through. I am the only person in my league who uses the compilier because I have not shared the site with anyone else. I finished in 2nd place last year and could have won had it not been for having such sorry draft picks (12,23,36,47), atleast thats my excuse anyway. Thanks for getting back with me.

Ok, so the more complicated solution it will be then. Tackles and assists are scored the same? That is good because then you can just add them together and double the scoring so they will only take up one category and not two.

Now we need to create a category. If you try to add columns to the Compiler, it is a very onnerous process to 'fix it' so it continues to work properly. It involves changing macros, references, etc., etc.

I assume all TDs are scored the same, whether they are from fumble recovery, INT or kick return? If that is the case, then what you can do is add the FR/INT TD and Kick TD columns together in a new column or sheet. Then copy these new values back into the FR/INT TD column (make sure to Paste Special..As Values). Now you can use the tackles/assists data in the Kick TD column.

If you want to score tackles/assists separately, then maybe you could do the same thing with INT and FR. Both turnovers so they are probably scored the same too, right?

As an old professor of mine used to say, "Questions? Comments? Cries of Anguish?"

Ill give it a try but Im not very good with EXCEL, I tried doing something like this while you were gone but the results we not so good. And yes everyone gets the same for TD's, which I HATE, FR/INT are the same as well.