Sign in to follow this  
chariot

Need help w/Cheat. Compiler 1.2

I recently downloaded version 1.2 of the compiler. I unzipped the file; it even appears when I click on the "File" tab. When I try to open it, I get an error message "File is not in a recognizable format." I tried using the Text Editor, but that didn't work out well at all. The original version (1.0, I think...) works fine. Please help. My draft is coming up, and this situation has me seriously nervous. My op system is XP, and I'm running Excel 2000. Thanks in advance for your help :confused:

Hi chariot. If version 1.0 worked, then there is no reason 1.2 shouldn't work. Perhaps something happened on the download? You could go back and try to download it again. The process should be click the link to save the file (this file has .exe on the end). Once saved to your computer, hit open, and window will appear prompting you to unzip. Hit Unzip. The files are saved to your computer in a directory:

C:Program FilesCheatsheet Compiler

The Compiler should open right after this in Excel. Which part of this process is not going as it should?

After unzipping the file, the compiler does not open. When I click on the desktop (1.2) icon(I saved it to my desktop), It simply asks me if I want to unzip the file again; eventually spiraling into a frustrating cycle that led me to this forum.

By the way, is the Draft Buddy part of the Compiler or is it a separate program. I can't find it. :confused:

If you put the .exe file on the desktop, I can see it asking you to unzip everytime. After you've unzipped, it is actually the files with .xls on the end (one for the Compiler, and one for Buddy) that you want to be opening.

Try this:

Start Excel and choose File > Open. Browse to find a directory C:Program FilesCheatsheet Compiler

In this, you should hopefully find one file for each of the Compiler and Buddy (yes, they come together as a package in the self-extracting zip file). Select one or both, and open.

Are the files there? Did that work?