Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Otto

WR and Return Yards & Long/Short Field Goals

First of all, thanks for this great compiler. It is awesome!

I have two questions: My league allows teams to count return yards and return TDs by wide receivers toward their point totals. For example, last year Derrick Mason was fantastic because he returned punts and kickoffs as well as his regular receiving duties. Is there an easier way to factor this into the complier besides manually adding the return yards and TDs to their receiving totals for the past three years and the last half of last year?

Second question: My league gives points for kickers according to the length of their field goals (eg. 0-19 yds=1pt, 20-29=2pts, 30-39=3pts, etc.). Is there a way to factor this scoring scheme into the compiler?

Thanks a lot. Keep up the good work!

Otto

Hi Otto. Thanks for the kind words.

On the punt/kick return yards, I wouldn't worry about adding the prior year stats but if you want the Compiler to compute something for them you will need to add at least 2002 projections. Try adding them to a category you do not currently use and adjust the scoring accordingly. Do not add columns or rows to the Compiler as that will cause problems with the macros.

Distance FGs are another option not currently in the Compiler. I will see about adding this next year. In the meantime, I would calculate 3 points for all FGs and then adjust some kickers up and down the rankings based on leg strength/opportunity to kick from longer distances.