Sign in to follow this  
Hagy34

Some Extras

Would you guys be interested if I started a game of the week thread? I would just choose a game based on the records and/or importance. I was also thinking of having a Mudville Dynasty League MVP award. No real prize but just name an MVP based on votes at the end of each season? Just a few thoughts to add a little spice to our league. Let me know what you guys think. If anyone has any other ideas feel free to post them!

:rolleyes:

A game of the week would be cool. Maybe the prime time games, since I would doubt that we all get to watch the same games outside of Sun/Mon night.

A poll every week and then maybe a poll for the year's MVP.

We could do a suicide pool, where everyone picks a team to win each week. You can only pick a team once in the year and once you are wrong, you are eliminated.

A game of the week would be cool. Maybe the prime time games, since I would doubt that we all get to watch the same games outside of Sun/Mon night.

A poll every week and then maybe a poll for the year's MVP.

We could do a suicide pool, where everyone picks a team to win each week. You can only pick a team once in the year and once you are wrong, you are eliminated.

I was refering to a fantasy game of the week. But I love the eliminator idea. Anything else guys?

I definatly like the elimination thing and the game of the week would be sweet. But like BattyRidas said...what would be the game of the week for week 1?

I'll try to think up some more.

Game of the Week for the 1st week won't be decided until closer to the season but my thought was that Loco Lobos vs. Biggums Boys looks the best so far. JMO. :doublethumbsup:

Here's a thought I had. How bout a weekly sig bet? Highest scoring team for the week gets to choose the lowest scoring teams signature each week.

Here's a thought I had. How bout a weekly sig bet? Highest scoring team for the week gets to choose the lowest scoring teams signature each week.

Sorry Lobo but I'm not down for that. I know I probably wont be the low B) but I still want total control over my sig!

:blink:

How would everyone feel about a 2005 Trades thread. The first post would contain all trades for the year, while people could comment on them as the year is played. It would be interesting to review who did what and what was the impact. It would be cool to see impacts yeas later.

Each team could have a practice squad! :thumbsup:

With the upcoming supplemental draft, most of us participating will have to drop players if we wish to retain our supplemental players. What would everyone think if we were permitted to keep three players on a practice squad? These players would not be on the regular roster. Another owner can claim players from other owners’ practice squads. Player claimed from another owner’s practice squad must be immediately placed on the active roster. The current owner has the option to move a player to his current roster, within a set timeframe.

Each team could have a practice squad! :shocking:

With the upcoming supplemental draft, most of us participating will have to drop players if we wish to retain our supplemental players. What would everyone think if we were permitted to keep three players on a practice squad? These players would not be on the regular roster. Another owner can claim players from other owners’ practice squads. Player claimed from another owner’s practice squad must be immediately placed on the active roster. The current owner has the option to move a player to his current roster, within a set timeframe.

:shocking: not sure I understand this.

i dont get the difference between that and free agents??

If I want to claim a player from your practice squad, you would still have the option to move him to your active roster. Sorry, I was not clear. Does that help some?

I dont like that idea for one reason. I think a 25 man roster is enough for each team to handle.

I dont like that idea for one reason. I think a 25 man roster is enough for each team to handle.

I agree

Forget it, Just a thought

I checked out some of the other league boards and saw some maintain a list of records, such as:

Highest/Lowest Weekly Score

Highest/Lowest Season Point Total

Best/Worst Season Records

Some also have playoff histories.

I checked out some of the other league boards and saw some maintain a list of records, such as:

Highest/Lowest Weekly Score

Highest/Lowest Season Point Total

Best/Worst Season Records

Some also have playoff histories.

I've created an Offseason packet that will be sent out in January after each season. This packet includes the following:

Regular Season Standings

Playoff Results

List of Mud Bowl Champions

Career Records

Playoff Records

Rosters for each team

Rookie Draft and Supplemental Draft Order

Basically all of our History and then our Rosters heading into the offseason.

Since I know people will make offseason trades I will update the rosters each month and email it out. The first one will be sent in January. Thanks for the idea but its already taken care of. :wall:

I'm going to post the weekly eliminator thread on Saturday the 3rd. Please have all your picks in by gametime on the 8th! Hope everyone will participate. This game is just for fun however! ;)

I'm going to post the weekly eliminator thread on Saturday the 3rd. Please have all your picks in by gametime on the 8th! Hope everyone will participate. This game is just for fun however! :thumbsup:

I might have a site to host it at.

they do have a free one on yahoo dont they?

They do, but I'd rather just use our board to do it. That way I can handle it and we can do multiple games if somebody wins before the season is over. Our board should be fine to host it. :thumbsup: