Sign in to follow this  
TyCobb

Trade - Ty and Bombers

TyCobb gets Terrell Owens and Marcell Shipp

Bombers gets C-Mart and Derrick Blaylock

---------

I lose one of the steadiest, most predictable points grabbing RB's in the game. But my average age inches down a notch and I land a top shelf WR which usually play longer than do RB's.

Now if only Michael Bennett can shake the injury bug and go off to make the loss of Martin easier to stomach. :shocking:

Ty has himself a killer trio of starting WR's with Owens, Walker, and Andre Johnson. Moving Martin while he's still productive is a good move, as you figure he's got to slow down sometime.

Moving Martin while he's still productive is a good move, as you figure he's got to slow down sometime.

Yeah, unfortunately I've been saying that about him for about 5 years now and never drafting him. :thumbsup:

I know C-Mart's over the hill. I just hope he's productive for another couple of years. And I did get Blaylock too.

My trades this off-season were all about finding 3 solid starting RBs. Last year I had Reuben Droughns and Pittman getting a lot of points as well as Deuce. This year I faced the prospect of only having one back worth starting, Deuce.

Now with the acquisition of C-Mart/Blaylock and Fred Taylor/Toefield my starting lineup looks like:

C-Pep

Deuce

C-Mart/Blaylock

Fred Taylor/Toefield

Steve Smith

Kennison/Rod Smith

Vanderjagt

Patriots

Which should be a solid contender.