Sign in to follow this  
grandpahoo

jgalt and other trade gurus

Interested to hear what you think about this proposal. 12 team league, standard scoring, bonuses for yardage threshholds and long tds.

Current roster is first in total points, 2-2 record:

Hasselbeck

Garcia

Blake

Priest

Garner, Wheatley, Fargas

Hambrick

L Betts

Bennett

Ward

C Johnson

Lelie

Bryant

J Reed

F Jones

We start 1-2-2-1. I have been offered the following: Alexander and R Gardner or D Mason for Garner and H Ward. Alexander is a stud, but I'm not sure Lelie is a starter yet. I'm thinking of countering with an offer that would net me Heap as well. Any thoughts?

One more thing--we can retain two each year, giving up our pick in the round the player was drafted. A player can only be retained for one year before going back into the pool. Alexander, Garner and Ward were all retained last year, so none of them can be kept next year.

Nice team - too bad about the match up bad luck... :mad:

I really like Alexander, I've got him in half my leagues. Holmes and Alexander make a damn nice combo. But I'm fearing that you'd decimate your WR's by doing this. Chad Johnson is fabulous as a WR#2 and Lelie is nice as a WR#3 - but forcing them into #1 and #2 positions isn't so greta. Still, you've got a ton of talent at RB and makes it very worth considering. And Gardner/Mason would just as likely be the WR#2 as Lelie.

Your luck has been bad so far, so why not throw caution to the wind and do it.

Thanks for the reply, man. This guy is desparate for wrs. I may counter with Garner, Ward and F Jones for Alexander, Gardner / Mason (I prefer Gardner) and Heap. I doubt he'll do that, but I guess it can't hurt to ask. I actually don't think Heap will do much this year, as they're just not throwing the ball a lot, but it would be nice to have a Raven on my team.

I agree that this may be worth doing (even without Heap), especially since I could, possibly, trade Hambrick for a decent wr down the road.

If he's desparate for RW's, then all the more reason to try for more. You could also try to add in Garner's backup(s) (rather than Jones) for Heap.