Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

blockbuster trade announced

Still yet to be confirmed by Singman. But I cannot see why this would get rejected.

Moz trades Randy Moss , J.J. Arrington , Shipp, and Williamson to Sloracer for Steven Jackson and Chad Johnson. I will have to pick up 2 players in the next BB period and Sloro will have to drop players.

let me here your thoughts on this ?

IMO I am happy here as I feel I have rounded out my RB's and still maintained either best or close to it group of WR's !

Sloracer while he didn't have great Backs to begin with has slighly less although both arrignton and Jackson have back up that will cut into their time. He now has the #1 QB and #1 WR .

It was a 1.12 and mid 4th for a late 2nd and early 3rd. IMO pretty even.

I think I have a slight edge this year but Sloracer with Moss and Manning as his keepers :doublethumbsup: has an edge for the future

Go ahead and blast us though as I am sure you have your thoughts on this.

Singman please post in here confiming approval.

I wonder what the geeks on the mange bored would say about this......

Since Moz gave his reasons I'll tell you the exact point in the draft that caused this to happen: "Passing on Faulk in the 7th and having him snagged one pick before me in the 8th" Nuff Said. I like arringon/ship better than Jackson/not faulk

Oh yeah, and Randy Moss is supposed to be pretty good.

Guest TheCheat
Sloracer while he didn't have great Backs to begin with has slighly less although both arrignton and Jackson have back up that will cut into their time.    He now has the #1 QB and #1 WR. 

Ok, *IF* T.O. decides not to play tackle football this season. :mad: (I have them as 1A and 1B myself.) :D

I like it...pretty even looking deal. :wall: I lean more towards Arrington and less towards SJax (esp. w/ the recept. pts) but I think it just comes down to slight personal preference by that point. (Moz, I'm beggin ya, when you add the new players, don't pick up Stephen Davis. :mad: )

Here's a related one for you guys, in a very basic scoring, no ppr, 3-keeper I'm in, I'm keeping Culpepper, Jamal, and have a choice between SJax and Javon. Keep changing my mind...what do you guys think?

Oh, and the MFFL Pulitzer goes to....Moz! :mad: (Way to kick a guy when he's already a Panthers fan. :mad: )

Here's a related one for you guys, in a very basic scoring, no ppr, 3-keeper I'm in, I'm keeping Culpepper, Jamal, and have a choice between SJax and Javon. Keep changing my mind...what do you guys think?

Seriously? It would be less of a quandry for me, I would keep SJax for sure over Javon Walker. Better keeper value down the road I tink.

honestly, i kind of have mixed feelings about the trade

on one hand, you have the best WR in the NFL, but with questions (health,new team, jackassedness) and what i think will be the biggest bust of this RB class in arrington (gut feeling), tremendous upside without a doubt, but i hate putting faith in rookies, regardless of the hype surrounding them (shipp and williamson are throw ins and have absolutely no value IMO)

on the other hand, you have a guaranteed top 5 WR, maybe top 3, in an extremely potent and on the rise offense and a future stud RB in a very RB friendly offense (head coach not withstanding)

very close trade overall, but i give the edge to moz with the chad and jackson over moss and arrington, as the players he is getting are a safer bet than the ones he gave up IMO

I think I have a slight edge this year but Sloracer with Moss and Manning as his keepers  has an edge for the future

you have got to be kidding right? in a league where you can only keep a max of 2 people, and to think that someone would not keep atleast 1 RB is a little out there

you have got to be kidding right? in a league where you can only keep a max of 2 people, and to think that someone would not keep atleast 1 RB is a little out there

Yeah, just an FYI, I would not be keeping Manning and Moss. One of them maybe, but not both.

And good analysis LODD, I thought the exact way, except that Ship is NOT a throw in, one of them will start. That was the clincher for me. Too many questions still about Jax, for sure, he has better keeper potential than JJ, (I think)

Wow. Terrible deal on both parts, but I'd rather have CJohnson/SJax than Arrington/Moss.

The rest of the players involved are garbage. WRs rarely make an impact in their 1st season, and despite it happening twice in the last 2 years, that's compared to the entire rookie class of WRs, so the outlook for Williamson is weak at best.

I'm higher on Arrington than most, but that's because I live in CA and watched almost every Cal Berkley game (dad's an alum). I think he has the skills to succeed in the NFL, and Shipp won't threaten him.

I actually think he has the chance to be one of the most productive backs of the rookie class.

All in all, I think the deal favors Moz slightly, but I don't see it as having much impact on the league regardless. Looks more like Moz was sweating over his Flex player and decided he could cash in with a slight downgrade to Moss in order to upgrade Arrington to Jackson. Since I don't think Jackson is going to be all that productive on a team with a bad offense, I don't think it's that much of an upgrade.

My $.02

Well intresting -- a few think I got a slight edge a few think he did and one thinks I was anally molested :wall: :lol: :(

I had Chad Johnson as the # 2 WR on my board so The drop off from Moss to CJ IMO was not that great. I would have liked to get a different back than S. Jackson but I did have him in my top 16 Backs and think he has top tier potential.

All in all it was even

Sloro -- post the trade on the board if you want.

I will have to pick up 2 players in the next BB period and Sloro will have to drop players.

Why doesn't Slomo include the two players he has to drop in the trade. At least you'll have right of first refusal. Plus, you can't add until any players until Tuesday nor without spending more of that 'burning a hole in your pocket' blind bid money. Or would you rather pick up player when your drop Stephen Davis next week? ;)

I think Stephen Davis is Moz's hot potato!! :headbanger:

Yeah, just an FYI, I would not be keeping Manning and Moss. One of them maybe, but not both.

And good analysis LODD, I thought the exact way, except that Ship is NOT a throw in, one of them will start. That was the clincher for me. Too many questions still about Jax, for sure, he has better keeper potential than JJ, (I think)

That I wouldn't understand. But hey whatever Sloro wants to do -- If I had the # 1 QB and #1 WR I would be keeping both of them and then trying to add backs in the coming rounds -- but thats me I guess.

that said i am having an erie feeling that this trade will be like the one I made a few years ago trading C. Portis - when he wasa rookie and hadn't played a down yet to the Terrell Davis owner for Curtis Martin who was coming off a great season :headbanger:

Either way i hope it works out for us both except when I play sloro !

Well intresting -- a few think I got a slight edge a few think he did and one thinks I was anally molested :shocking: :o :unsure:

Just to clarify, you making this deal and you getting anally molested are mutually exclusive.

HTH

;)

Well intresting -- a few think I got a slight edge a few think he did and one thinks I was anally molested  :pointstosky:  :o  :unsure:

Just to clarify, you making this deal and you getting anally molested are mutually exclusive.

HTH

:thumbsup:

<_<

Looking again S. Jackson did average like over 5 yards a carry -- and every time he was the feature back he produced solid numbers -- So I hope that translates inot this year. But If Arrington pulls a Portis 02 on me I agree i may of indeed been ass molested :banana: :thumbsdown: :banana:

I wonder what the geeks on the mange bored would say about this......

Well since we were both wondering the same thing I went and posted ( I left out the names though ) -- I think the consensus will be the same as on here pretty much absolute tie.

could be an interesting read though.

here's the link

trade

Well since we were both wondering the same thing I went and posted ( I left out the names though ) -- I think the consensus will be the same as on here pretty much absolute tie.

here's the link

trade

You ever heard of the search function Noob?

Well intresting -- a few think I got a slight edge a few think he did and one thinks I was anally molested  :rolleyes:  :lol:  :unsure:

I had Chad Johnson as the # 2 WR on my board so The drop off from Moss to CJ IMO was not that great.  I would have liked to get a different back than S. Jackson but I did have him in my top 16 Backs  and think he has top tier potential. 

All in all it was even

Sloro --  post the trade on the board if you want.

First question - Has this been approved yet?

2nd question - When do I have to announce the drops, and to whom?

3rd question - Can we start the season already?

Linky to the Mange Bored Review of this trade - What do they know anyway

Singman is out of town I think he will approve " officially when he gets back " theres 0 chance it's not approved.

here's the link

trade

You ever heard of the search function Noob?

:rolleyes: I didn't see it on there :ph34r:

:(

deleted other thread :unsure: :lol:

:rolleyes: I didn't see it on there :ph34r:

:D

deleted other thread :unsure: :lol:

:( That was funny, I never got to see your post though, you deleted it as I was trying to access it. :(

I was waiting for a few responses before I linked it to prevent league influence on the potential posters ;)

lol, search function, lol

Sloro --  post the trade on the board if you want.

First question - Has this been approved yet?

2nd question - When do I have to announce the drops, and to whom?

3rd question - Can we start the season already?

Linky to the Mange Bored Review of this trade - What do they know anyway

As for announcing drops I have noticed I did not clarify this in the rules - that's my fault. I will just say If a uneven number trade is made making a teams number of players exceed the limit necessary drops need to be made within 24 hours of the next BB ( by Monday 8 PM CST ) and announced on the board. If on the unlikley chance an uneven trade is agreed upon during that 24 hour period ( MOnday late night/Tuesday before 8 pm CST ) - dropped players will not be available to bid on untill the next weeks BB cycle. I this covers everyhting concerning that. If players are not announced within 24 hours of BB - a 100 point penalty will be accessed for every 24 hours it is not announced.

*Or to escape this -- If you make an uneven deal and have an excess just throw in the players you of dropped anyway to even the trade number out* -- However the genius that I am ;) I did not even inquire about this during our trade hence I have to now spend money ;) .

Unless Singman or anyone else has a better way to hadle a situation like this.

[As for announcing drops I have noticed I did not clarify this in the rules - that's my fault. I will just say If a uneven number trade is made making a teams number of players exceed the limit necessary drops need to be made within 24 hours of the next BB ( by Monday 8 PM CST ) and announced on the board. If on the unlikley chance an uneven trade is agreed upon during that 24 hour period ( MOnday late night/Tuesday before 8 pm CST ) - dropped players will not be available to bid on untill the next weeks BB cycle. I this covers everyhting concerning that. If players are not announced within 24 hours of BB - a 100 point penalty will be accessed for every 24 hours it is not announced.

*Or to escape this -- If you make an uneven deal and have an excess just throw in the players you of dropped anyway to even the trade number out* -- However the genius that I am :lol: I did not even inquire about this during our trade hence I have to now spend money :blink: .

Unless Singman or anyone else has a better way to hadle a situation like this.

To prevent any problems, I think teams with too many players must drop them immediately. Not that those players would be available for BB pickup, but it will prevent any problems or conflicts concerning holding onto extra players until the last minute....plus, we can have teams carrying extra players through weekend games. :mad:

The same could be said of a team binding and winning a player on BB but not announcing his dropped player- then delaying the announcement of that player. Any over-the-limit rosters is illegal. A day or two, even 30 minutes.

To prevent any problems, I think teams with too many players must drop them immediately. Not that those players would be available for BB pickup, but it will prevent any problems or conflicts concerning holding onto extra players until the last minute....plus, we can have teams carrying extra players through weekend games. :thumbsdown:

The same could be said of a team binding and winning a player on BB but not announcing his dropped player- then delaying the announcement of that player. Any over-the-limit rosters is illegal. A day or two, even 30 minutes.

I agree. I've been sitting here wondering if I could trade some of my players before I dropped them. Tottally unacceptable, considering I am really carrying 18 players right now. I think you should have to drop them immediately.

PS. A-train and Morrency are dropped from my roster  :o

Sloracer and Bandwagoneer are 100% correct ! I am :lol: on this one.

* If you make a trade and your number of players ends up exceeding your roster limit of 16 you must drop immeadatley after the trade is official *

thanks for the catch guys ! :thumbsup:

ETA -- A-Train and Morrency are dropped !

Did I really make this trade ? :angry: :cheers: ;)

Shipp __ PUP

Moss and Collins gel

PUP - Someone help me out here. I know it's like an under perform thing or something, but what the fock does that mean? I mean seriously. Is it like injured for the year, month, hello?

Just wondering, I'll go do some research too.

PUP - Someone help me out here. I know it's like an under perform thing or something, but what the fock does that mean? I mean seriously. Is it like injured for the year, month, hello?

Just wondering, I'll go do some research too.

PUP - physically unable to perform

Guest TheCheat

PUP...here's a hint: It's something Mrs. Bandwagoneer writes in her diary a LOT. :angry:

PUP...here's a hint: It's something Mrs. Bandwagoneer writes in her diary a LOT. :thumbsup:

:o

:shocking: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So when you are placed on a PUP list it can be for any amount of time?

say 2 weeks to a year??

PUP...here's a hint: It's something Mrs. Bandwagoneer writes in her diary a LOT. :banana:

If you read the article on RTS league site -- that much is obvious :bench:

PUP...here's a hint:  It's something Mrs. Bandwagoneer writes in her diary a LOT.  :lol:

If you read the article on RTS league site -- that much is obvious :lol:

:lol: :thumbsup:

This is proof TheCheat is another Moz alias!!! ;)

You might want to check the website, Cap'n.

Guest TheCheat

:unsure: :huh: :cry:

Dunno what's more troubling, the suggestive photo or the fact that it will make scooter feel more welcome and comfortable in the league. :ph34r:

PUP...here's a hint:  It's something Mrs. Bandwagoneer writes in her diary a LOT.   ;)

If you read the article on RTS league site -- that much is obvious :lol:

:lol: :headbanger:

This is proof TheCheat is another Moz alias!!! ;)

You might want to check the website, Cap'n.

touche -- I will leave it up for a while then put up my reply ! :P

:headbanger: ;) :lol:

Dunno what's more troubling, the suggestive photo or the fact that it will make scooter feel more welcome and comfortable in the league. :ph34r:

Where to you think Moz retrieved those hamsters from. :lol:

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Dunno what's more troubling, the suggestive photo or the fact that it will make scooter feel more welcome and comfortable in the league.  :ph34r:

Where to you think Moz retrieved those hamsters from. :D

Thats just wrong ! <_< :angry:

funny

but wrong ! :(