Sign in to follow this  
ephford

auction for teams at different salary caps

Mike,

I couldn't find this question anywhere through searching, so here goes:

My league has 10 teams and the salary caps are spread different based on order of finish last year (like the draft order in the NFL draft). 1st team has a salary cap of 9,000,000 and the last team has a cap of 11,000,000. The teams in between increase by incremements and the whole sums up as if all teams had a 10M cap.

How can I input the team-by-team caps?

Also, since we use $10,000,000, not $100, for the average cap, the max bid numbers are much longer. While it is not needed, how do I get permission to change the format (width) of the max bid columns? Right now they are too small and I get the ####'s showing.

Hi ephford. We're going to have to do a little messing with the formulas, but we can make this work.

First, setup Draft Buddy as you normally would for auction. Then flip to the by team tab. I need you to unhide the columns for each team that show team, bye, FF points and auction value. To do this, click the "+" signs at the top of the tab.

And, also unhide the rows that how the summary info for each team, number drafted at each position, total FF points, and total auction dollars spent. To do this, click the "+" sign along the left side of the tab.

Now, for each team you see where it shows total dollars spent in the summary section? Just below that shows the remaining cap left, using a formula. It basically references the total cap available minus the amount spent.

In that formula you need to go in and change to the specific cap amount available for each team. The formula currently looks like this:

=IF($DD$11=3,setup!$D$29-I19,"")

the part you want to overwrite with the actual cap value is in bold. So, your new formula for each team will look like:

=IF($DD$11=3,10000-I19,"")

Note the I19 reference will change for each team.

As for changing the column widths, the first thing I suggest is if all your bids are in increments of $1,000, to drop the last 3 zeroes off all your dollar amounts input in the Compiler (basically divide by $1,000). It will just give a cleaner look and assuming everything is rounded to the closest $1,000, will not make any difference in the end.

To change the column width, all you need to do is click on the section where you see the ### and select Format > Column > AutoFit Selection

Thanks for the info and thanks for the help on the dVDB question. This will work fine.

Ephraim