Sign in to follow this  
Zap

Notes on schedules for the draft

I still haven't organized everyone's conflicts, because it seems this may be irreconcilable without serious compromise.

Currently, I am in a maze of FF chores.

I'm composing camp battle articles for the site, and trying to come in under Mike FF's deadlines. I may be taking on a couple other site related assignments before the opener.

I'm in the fftoday staff auction league which should be a great challenge and we bid tomorrow night. My preparations are as behind as everything else this season.

I'm working to bring a hint of future success to a destroyed 6-man keeper that I have taken over from a disastrous owner in a league I left a few years ago and always wanted to get back into. Several trade offers are being considered at the same time just to give me 5 semi-legit keepers and Keary Colbert. Eeesh.

I'm currently drafting in The Original Rat's Ass League (TORAL) one spot above us in the drop down menu. Take a look and find out who the commish likes. Just remember it's called Rat's Ass for a reason. :thumbsup:

This one, those above, and a local league make up ALL of my leagues this season (5); one or two more than I prefer. The three mentioned above all have (unfortunately) a little priority over this one right now, because-- simply, they are moving along where this one seems temporarily stalled.

There's a reason why I suggest you take a look at TORAL. If I'm right and our various schedules are irreconcilable, then we may just do a board draft like that one. Old hands around here will remember our first draft was done accordingly. I like it; some hate it. But, like I said, it seems there's has to be some compromise to get us on the same page for a live draft.

I have some other ideas to expedite things. I'll be full-time on this puppy Thursday through the weekend, so do try to be a little more regular around here during that time, so we can get things settled.

More to come.

im down for whatever. i just took part in a 16 team IDP draft about 2 weeks ago. It was 20 rounds. It took us around 7-10 days to complete, so id we do decide to do a board draft, i say we should start now or in a week.

im down for whatever. i just took part in a 16 team IDP draft about 2 weeks ago. It was 20 rounds. It took us around 7-10 days to complete, so id we do decide to do a board draft, i say we should start now or in a week.

Perfect Vision? :bench:

We took 17 days two years ago, with much gnashing of teeth when people refused to use lists and went awol for up to two days at a time. The mock I did here, which copied this league, took ten days, but I really pushed, forced picks, used lists, time limits, etc. We're certainly looking at a two week process if we do this, and I know it frustates some who are always ready to pick, but it may be the only option.

If we have no better option and I launch it this Sunday or Monday, we'll be cleaning up the late rounds the week of the opener. I can only ask for patience should we go that route. Personally, I like slow drafts so I can look over the league, my options, etc., thoroughly before each pick.

I should also note that in the draft two years ago, NOBODY got screwed once by sending short lists. You will get your guy as long as someone doesn't take him first. Period. In the final 8 rounds or so everyone is pretty much always getting who they want list or not.

I am worried about 420 and his stroke problems as much as anything else at this point. I hate to press a guy whose body is only half functioning, but I'd feel more comfortable if he was communicative. Some others are also silent, but I doubt they have the same issues. :banana:

ya i remember when we did the board draft, it actually wasnt THAT bad as some others i have done. If everyone sends someone their list (3-4 players) or uses the predraft, i dont think we should have any problems. Im with you on slow drafting. It allows me to think over my picks and make sure im taking the right guy i want instead of rushing my pick.

Anyone want the #10 pick?

I would prefer, if at all possible, that this be a live draft.

I've engaged in 2 online drafts this season, and I honestly do not want to do a 3rd.

It was among the 1st questions I had before joining this league.

I am only booked August 13th (Ozzfest) 20th (baseball game/BDay) and 27th (Draft in local league)

Otherwise I am free anytime after 6:00 PM CA time.

I would prefer, if at all possible, that this be a live draft.

Agreed. IF at all possible, we do this live. Though I like slow drafts, they are a burden, and it is nice to knock it out at once, be done with, and on with the season. I will work for the live draft diligently starting tomorrow.

Monday night the 29th ok for everybody??? Sunday the 28th is still good for also.