Sign in to follow this  
Dan Sez

Week 6 Feature Matchup

Again focusing on the Divisional Games, we have 3 interesting matchups for the fantasy pig skin pronosticators to ponder:

Fightn' Whities 3-2/1-1 vs Freeze 5-0/2-0

FW's win last week helps move his team into second place. Immediately he gets to face off with the Divisional #1. Only a TE and a guy not on any roster have the <bye> tag for the Whities and a number of his players seem to be rebounding from nicks and scraps, so he should be able to hit Freeze with his best players. Freeze has been amazing in the early part of the season. Sad news for Whities, none of Freeze's players are on <bye> status nor many listed as gimped up.

Mini Ditkas 2-3/1-0 vs Chaos Theory 2-3/0-1

These 2 and 3 teams battle for 2nd place in the Tower of London division. Mini Ditkas are trying to turn things around but have to deal with 6 guys taking a <bye> this weekend (C.Dillon, B.Bennett, O.Smith, S.Bryson, AZ Hakim, D.Boston). Some of these really hurt. More bad news, Eric Moulds got dinged last week. I am not sure how much. After taking some lumps from Dark Side, Chaos needs to stop the negative slide. A little strength is lost with <bye> action this week (C.Palmer, J.Stewart, O.Gary, K.Washington, M.Schobel) but injuries shouldn't take others out of the game plan.

Mountain Madness 0-5/0-2 vs Forty Acres 3-2/2-0

More a Mountain of Misery, Pale Rider is having a hard time finding his first victory. LonghornDD says he hates playing guys with a goose-egg. Mountain has to deal with 6 <bye> guys but only D.Brees or A.Eling would really threaten to start. Actually with the resurrection of Quincy Carter from the Campo dung-pile, MM has actually found a pretty decent starter. Forty Acres loses out on M.Williams, C.Rogers and P.Warrick as major <bye> loses. Michael Bennett has been gone for so long, LonghornDD hardly misses him.

Last week, I and both of the big wigs (DS and Who) all predicted all three winners!

Here is how I see this week...

Freeze

Chaos

Madness (yes I am a homer!)

Yeah, I think the Dark Side vs. Borg matchup is an interesting one with early season ramifications...

Assimilate my ass....prepare for the ultimate dissimilation (correct antonym...I checked :P ).

Damn...second week in a row being part of the featured games...last week worked out, hopefully it can continue.

I did not pick last week since I don't wager on games I am a part of (same goes for not wagering on or against my favorite teams: Longhorns, Cowboys, Mavericks).

Also, I don't want to be a Pete Rose starter kit.

I want to pick so I will pick on the other games...

Freeze

In my opinion, there is no way that the Mini-Ditkas can win (# of byes, etc)

So......give me the Mini-Ditkas in a monumental upset.

Hog Chow:

Yeah, I think the Dark Side vs. Borg matchup is an interesting one with early season ramifications...

Assimilate my ass....prepare for the ultimate dissimilation (correct antonym...I checked   :P  ).

We were just going to quietly consume your parts out of the spotlight. Your knowledge will enhance the collective. We shall win...

I'm going with all the LHS teams as listed by Dan:

Scatterjack

Swerski

Pale Rider

Two of those three being upsets.

Dan Sez:

Mini Ditkas 2-3/1-0 vs Chaos Theory 2-3/0-1

These 2 and 3 teams battle for 2nd place in the Tower of London division.  

Now, who is leading the Tower division by 2 games?

Seriously...watch out for Chaos, I have a feeling he's fixin' to break out. I felt fortunate to slip past him last week.

Hog Chow:

Now, who is leading the Tower division by 2 games?

Seriously...watch out for Chaos, I have a feeling he's fixin' to break out.  I felt fortunate to slip past him last week.

52 points worth of slippage? :P

Gonna have to go with

Freeze

Ditkas

MM

Had an unexpected vistor coming thru this weekend and it kept me from making my picks in time, sorry.

of those selecting, we had

Fightn' Whities - 1

Freeze - 3

Mini-Ditkas - 3

Chaos Theory - 1

Mountain Madness - 3

Forty Acres - 0

Man, no respect, everyone that selected, taking the Madness.

Good game, MM - not a good week to play against McNair.

Funny how that works...picked Brooks as my starter and pretty much took McNair because he was the best player on my board and I could not pass him up. This was the first week that I played him over Brooks...I know, I am a fast learner...at least that is what they told me on the short bus.

Dan Sez:

Mini-Ditkas - 3

Chaos Theory - 1

I actually took out Swerski twice this past weekend. Despite having Holt tonight, I held on in PissyPants thanks to Mason's Sunday. It was close there. But two good games and I was happy that Boston had a bye this week.

I think everyone figured the law of averages would finally kick in and I would squeak by you. Toomer did nothing for me and Quincy had a low week. When your Defense if your big gainer that can say alot about the rest of your squad.

Here is to learning and being on the short end of the stick. I wanted a challenge and I have got one. I am in two other leagues and I am whipping butt but those leagues are loaded with some super novices. Tenacity...One day I will be the top dog, it just won't be this go around!