Sign in to follow this  
Guest joeywa

Question & Thanks

Guest joeywa

First off, Mike, KUDOS on a great piece of software. I used the software last night in our head-2-head league draft, and am pretty certain I will finish in the money, if not in 1st. Your software was awesome. I bought this on a flyer; recommended by an associate on a football chat board.

Second, I have a question. The other league I play in is rotisserie-style. How do you set up the scoring in the compiler for the following rule set?

Every week each team will have a starting lineup consisting of seven players. That starting lineup can be the conventional set with one quarterback, two running backs, three wide receivers and one kicker, or the run-and-shoot with one quarterback, one running back, four receivers and one kicker.

The scoring system will be based on five categories: (1) Quarterback Rating, (2) Rushing Yards, (3) Receiving Yards, (4) Total Yards, and (5) Points Scored.

The first place team in each category will get 15 points, the second place team 14 points, etc.

The formula for (1) quarterback rating is as follows:

Passing Touchdowns = 6 points

Passing Yards:

over 400 = 7 points

350-399 = 6 points

300-349 = 5 points

250-299 = 4 points

200-249 = 3 points

150-199 = 2 points

100-149 = 1 point

Completion Percentage:

over 80% = 7 points

75-79.9% = 6 points

70-74.9% = 5 points

65-69.9% = 4 points

60-64.9% = 3 points

55-59.9% = 2 points

50-54.9% = 1 point

Interceptions = minus 2 points

Sorry this is so long, but I am hopeful that you have a solution for me.

Thanks in advance;

Joe

This might be tough Joe. The Compiler doesn't calculate QB rating, and as you can see it is designed for fantasy point accumlation leagues rather that roto. Let me think about this and get back to you.

Guest joeywa

No problem Mike. I have until Labor Day weekend, and if it doesn't work, I'll make due.

Thanks for looking into this.

Joe

Guest joeywa

Mike,

Any ideas on this topic yet?

Thanks,

Jeff

The only thing I can think of is to try to weight the scoring in each of the categories equally across the board. From that, the rankings will be able to deduce which players give you the most bang for your buck contributing to one or more of the categories.

Interesting to note the baseball Compiler does handle rotisserie leagues, since this is the most common setup in fantasy baseball, but it is programmed entirely different from the football version. Its not like I can just say do a, b and c to convert the football for a roto league.

Guest joeywa

Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to mull this over. I appreciate it. Perhaps next update you can include this.

Joe