Sign in to follow this  
Bojangling

"Value"

Using the cheatsheet compiler, is the best strategy to draft the player with the highest "Value", as determined by the compiler?

I usually draft 2 RBs within the first 3 rd's, and 2 WRs within the first 4 rds (unless a player with extreme value has dropped lower than expected that I can pickup).

Should I stick with my draft strategy or use the "Value" chart which may (for example) give me a QB in rd 3 and a TE in Rd 4 or some other mix of players.

I'd do what you did last year. I like your sig line by the way :angry:

Seriously though, the overall rankings are one method of determining the best picks in your draft. They do not have to be followed pick-for-pick if you feel it is best to follow a different path (like analysis of the tiers). I don't always follow the overall rankings exactly. On the other hand I've heard from many people who do follow the overall exactly through a good chunk of the draft and have won.

One thing the overall may not take into account enough is the supply/demand of certain positions. While the adjustments try to reflect this to a degree by bumping up RB, RB may still be the best choice even if they are ranked lower overall, and they are all going to be gone by your next pick.

Hey, the sig doesn't lie.

Yea, I know it is all subjective, and impossible to predict in advance, but was looking for an overall philosophy. Your "Drafting from the Top" article pretty much answered my question as well. Just wanted to confirm since this is the first year using the compiler.