Sign in to follow this  
Guest Drain Bamage

How is this game?

Guest Drain Bamage

Just wanting to know how you guys feel about this b4 plunking down $$. It looks like a complex game. Do you think scoring will be transparent enough will all the adjustment made in the 'blackbox'? thanks

Just wanting to know how you guys feel about this b4 plunking down $$. It looks like a complex game. Do you think scoring will be transparent enough will all the adjustment made in the 'blackbox'? thanks

We're all guinea pigs here, no one's gonna know how it plays until we start - this is the first season ever for GameDay Ritual Football.

Though, rotochamp1 has played the baseball edition, so he could tell you what he thinks of that.

When do we setup scheme?

Does the scheme ratings impact the player score in some manner? How does new players and players on new teams get a fair score if so?

Curious...

dan

Guest TheCheat
When do we setup scheme?

Does the scheme ratings impact the player score in some manner?  How does new players and players on new teams get a fair score if so?

Curious...

dan

You set schemes each week, and yes, they def. affect player scores. Check out the schemes section of the user's guide and, especially, the tables of bonuses per scheme in one of the appendixes. (I don't understand your last question tho. :pointstosky: ) HTH?

example Balanced Attack:

RB A is rated 54

RB B is rated 32

JJ Arrington (a rookie) is unrated or rated 0

Week 1 - will I get any points for JJ Arrington's production if I am running a Balanced Attack?

I read an earlier manual and it seemed that the schemes would adjust Overall yardage, not the yardage of individual players - as in each player has a Balanced Attack Rating.

The former (Overall) I can see and plan for, the latter is very dicey, especially with the movement of players and rooks coming in.

1 Culpepper, D. QB MIN

-5 -2 122 170

2 Manning, P. QB IND

-1 -1 109 148

3 Green, T. QB KCC

-5 -2 112 150

4 McNabb, D. QB PHI

-8 -4 87 118 106

5 Favre, B. QB GBP

-1 -1 96 130

(From the GameDay Site) This shows the top 4 QBs and their rating per scheme. What is this based on? How does the individual number impact scoring? Does it mean that if we go Power Running then D.Culpepper gets an automatic -5pt score before he takes a snap? It would seem with his running ability he would score higher in a Power Running set than Payton Manning -1 and certainly be better than Trent Green who scores the same -5 value.

Again, I can understand that a Power Running game set would depress the passing stats of player production on a macro level. I am curious what this individual rating means. I will download the lastest manual tonight and read up on this.