Sign in to follow this  
Dan Sez

Mountain Madness

Now that the sting is not so fresh, just what words passed thru your lips on that Monday night when Tim Brown was tackled at the 2 yard line as time ran out, dashing your chances of beating me?

So close and yet so far, like a Titan Super Bowl party. In another league I was ahead 68 to 67 with 7 minutes left in the Bills game when they sat Travis Henry, locking in my victory. So far this year, I have been pretty lucky. Some years just run that way but I have paided dearly in many other seasons seeing my own receiver or running back getting their TDs stolen from them. Which brings me to last night. I had a substancial lead in a game with my opponent having Ricky Williams active.

Against Sand Diego in a neutral site, man I was very concerned. But Fortuna played them like a fool and Williams didn't hardly make a peep - another victory for me.

Point is, luck is cyclic. If not this year, then soon. Keep plugging away and watch for trade/free agent opportunities.

Your #1 draft pick is pretty valuable right now too, plus we have the cuts/waiver process in Feb to adjust rosters with.

Crap...dang...oh well! I think that about summed it up. I was in the back on the computer with the TV right next to me and I was thinking, if Brown catches the "possible" touchdown, I can win. Sure enough, the ball is thrown and...ugghhh...no dice for the big guy!

But as you stated, it changes that easily, I over took my hold on first in a points league when LT2 scored that touchdown against Miami this past Monday...what goes around, comes around!

I know this isn't my year but it will make me appreciate it more when I turn this thing around, hopefully sooner than later!