Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Defensive Rankings

Guys, I've been emailing with MacGregor and figured this might be easier and quicker. After inputting the scoring system for my league it listed the Dallas Defense as #4 (originally, up to #3 now with recent updates) behind Baltimore (which I understand), New England (also understand) and Miami (???). However, in checking, the Dallas D was 2nd to last in our scoring system last year and isn't that markedly different this year...what gives? Can you shed some light? Thanks!

I have a question about the defensive rankings as well, my cheatsheet is showing the

steelers as #22, Bills #20, but has the Browns ranked at #10 (wheras the rankings on the fftoday home pages shows the Browns #24)

Wassup wit dat?

Guest jymbarnes

Anybody?

I have the same question. Using our rules I have Dallas and Miami very high. I really question this.

-Jym-

JackARoot, what is your scoring system like? Are you using any other projections besides FFToday?

As for how Miami and Dallas are ranked, only Mike can explain how he did it. But they seem to make sense to me.

Bill Parcells has always been known as a defensive oriented coach. In the draft, they added 4 defensive players in the first 4 rounds, including LB Demarcus Ware (11th overall), DE Marcus Spears (20th overall), LB Kevin Burnett (2nd round), and DE Chris Canty (4th round). They also signed NT Jason Ferguson away from the Jets. They already had formidable players in CB Terence Newmann and SS Roy Williams. Put it all together and they should be much improved this year.

Miami's defense has been good. You probably didn't realize it if you only read the stats, but Miami had a top 10 defense last year. But when your offense has 51 giveaways, including an amazing 8 INTs returned for TDs, your stats don't turn out so well. If the Miami offense is even average this year under Nick Sabin, the defense's numbers should look much better.

JackARoot, what is your scoring system like? Are you using any other projections besides FFToday?

As for how Miami and Dallas are ranked, only Mike can explain how he did it. But they seem to make sense to me.

Bill Parcells has always been known as a defensive oriented coach. In the draft, they added 4 defensive players in the first 4 rounds, including LB Demarcus Ware (11th overall), DE Marcus Spears (20th overall), LB Kevin Burnett (2nd round), and DE Chris Canty (4th round). They also signed NT Jason Ferguson away from the Jets. They already had formidable players in CB Terence Newmann and SS Roy Williams. Put it all together and they should be much improved this year.

Miami's defense has been good. You probably didn't realize it if you only read the stats, but Miami had a top 10 defense last year. But when your offense has 51 giveaways, including an amazing 8 INTs returned for TDs, your stats don't turn out so well. If the Miami offense is even average this year under Nick Sabin, the defense's numbers should look much better.

Great post zhinz :wall:

And lets keep in mind guys, team defense is always a bit of a crap shoot every year.

The primary reason the team D rankings do not match between the Compiler and the site is because the site does not take into account points and yards against.