Sign in to follow this  
edburn3

My commish trying to cheat?...

I am playing the commish's team this weekend. he had a defense that was on a bye so he needed to pick up another defense to take their place. With the game last night, our waiver wire closed at kick-off. Well, early this AM he went in and picked up a defense for tomorrow. Since he is the commisioner I guess he can override the system. He made a transaction ofter the deadline. I don't want to be a jerk but do I need to call him out on this. We have had the same league for years and I don't want to be labeled as a jerk if I say something.

Since the game was moved up at the last minute, I see nothing wrong with this. Had the game been scheduled all along, then ok, but this was thrown in with only a days notice. As long as the defense didn't play yet, I think its ok, but only because of this weeks circumstances.

Hey man. You have a totally legit beef especially if his team wins. I would privately mention it to him first and talk about it before Sunday's games.

I noticed in my league that a player was added way after the Miami/KC game had started. We'll wait and see what happens.

You should post a message on your league's message board, saying "I'd like to drop XXXX for XXXX". See what happens. Be careful not to mention the Commish's own move, though. Just request a player.

Since the game was moved up at the last minute, I see nothing wrong with this. Had the game been scheduled all along, then ok, but this was thrown in with only a days notice. As long as the defense didn't play yet, I think its ok, but only because of this weeks circumstances.

I don't agree. The game switch announcement came out fairly early in my opinion. Even if you are a novice, you would have gotten plenty of notice especially if you are the commish.

Thanksgiving week---wire is locked 5 minutes before first game.

I just looked to see if I could add a player this morning and I am locked out so I guess nobody can drop/add.

Thanksgiving week---wire is locked 5 minutes before first game.

I just looked to see if I could add a player this morning and I am locked out so I guess nobody can drop/add.

Then fock him, that's BS!

Guest MUGS

Our league WW was locked also but we can post any WW transactions on message board until game-time and the Commish will do it manually

My league let's it go til game-time Sunday.

If that's the case, it is fine, if your league stops it at first game...not good

This case may be different since time was moved from Sunday

What are your league rules for WW?

Our league WW was locked also but we can post any WW transactions on message board until game-time and the Commish will do it manually

If that's the case, it is fine, if your league stops it at first game...not good

Yeah, but if the commish is going to make this sort of a ruling he needs to

1) Inform EVERYONE in the league that this is how it's going this week, well in advance. Not just make a claim and be silent about it.

2) Leave waivers open for everyone, not just his team.

This is BS, plain and simple.

Guest MUGS
DrJ 

Posted: Oct 22 2005, 03:25 PM

Report PostQuote Post

FF Geek

Group: Members

Member No.: 673

QUOTE (MUGS @ Oct 22 2005, 09:24 AM)

1) Inform EVERYONE in the league that this is how it's going this week, well in advance. Not just make a claim and be silent about it.

edburn3> what are your WW league rules? that would be helpful also

1st game and closed or what?

In our league the only time a team's line-up will change after the deadline, is if they post a message for everyone to view (usually a late add/drop to start.) And the commish can not attend to immediately. He will go change the starting line-up ASAP. It does not sound like he did that. I don't think it is cheating, but he should have to start that other def.

DrJ  

Posted: Oct 22 2005, 03:25 PM

Report PostQuote Post

FF Geek

Group: Members

Member No.: 673

QUOTE (MUGS @ Oct 22 2005, 09:24 AM)

edburn3> what are your WW league rules? that would be helpful also

1st game and closed or what?

He noted that during Thanksgiving week, it is closed 5 minutes before the first game. If the commish is going to treat this week any differently, he needs to inform the league ahead of time, and he needs to open it for everyone and not just him.

The fact that he can make a claim and others can't tells you all you need to know to determine that it's BS.

In our league the only time a team's line-up will change after the deadline, is if they post a message for everyone to view (usually a late add/drop to start.) And the commish can not attend to immediately. He will go change the starting line-up ASAP. It does not sound like he did that. I don't think it is cheating, but he should have to start that other def.

This guy IS the commish. What, did he make a mental note that he wanted to pick up this player beforehand and just couldn't get to a computer and that's good enough? Sorry, not gonna fly...

It sounds like BS to me...

Tell him you want to make a move this mornign...not mentioning his move...and see what he says.

If he tells you the deadline is past...then let everyone on the league know about it.

Whatever you do at that point...do not let him then tell you after everyone is in an uproar that the waivers are open to everyone. HE MUST RETRACT HIS MOVE...otherwise he wins regardless!

He should have sent an email otu to everyone stating whjat he did and allow others to do the same. Actually, he should have asked for a league vote to see if you guys want to do it at all in the first place!

First, are you sure the WW is locked? If you're 100% sure he did it, then you have a legit beef.

He doesn't get to just do that, especially without notifying the rest of the league.

Guest MUGS
The fact that he can make a claim and others can't tells you all you need to know to determine that it's BS.

If that's how they handle it..it is BS

Not disputing it and he should get a Goose egg for defense

To bad their league didn't have a contigency plan in place..bad Commish

My point is this...I think the NFL announced that the Miami game will be moved to Fri. night around lunchtime Wednesday. That gives you the rest of Wed, all Thursday, and pretty much all Fri to make a move. Others made moves....why didn't the commish? Plenty of advance notice as given.

Guest MUGS

posi it on your league board and call him out nicely, if it is an established league

My point is this...I think the NFL announced that the Miami game will be moved to Fri. night around lunchtime Wednesday. That gives you the rest of Wed, all Thursday, and pretty much all Fri to make a move. Others made moves....why didn't the commish? Plenty of advance notice as given.

And if he's saying there wasn't, the wire should remain open.

If you ask him if you would like to make a claim and he says "I didn't realize the wire was closed. It shouldn't be" or something along those lines, you could maybe give him a pass. Otherwise, he's cheating.

posi it on your league board and call him out nicely, if it is an established league

:headbanger:

Critical thing..do it nicely and diplomaticly.