Sign in to follow this  
Big Dan

J. Jones Most likely out

JJ most likely out. It's looking like Marion the "Diaper Dandy" Barber might get the start. I'm considering playing him over JLEW. Call me crazy call it a hunch. Does anybody see making Barber a viable start. This could be a sweet p/u for people strapped for a RB this week. Dallas homer here and from what I'm hearing, might be a decent play this week. Fire off some feedback on Barber. Any Big Ten fans see this guy play? What's in his game? JLEW and his 50 just don't get my too excited. Risk and Reward time, I'm 2-4.

Marion Barber III was the 2nd best back at Minnesota last year (Big Ten homer here). Maroney was the better back and still is. You are insane if you start him over JLew. That's a threeheaded monster over there with ATrain and Tyson also in the mix.

Marion Barber III was the 2nd best back at Minnesota last year (Big Ten homer here). Maroney was the better back and still is. You are insane if you start him over JLew. That's a threeheaded monster over there with ATrain and Tyson also in the mix.

with that said he is problably a better option than JLew

Any Bears fans out there? Can the Ravens run on you guys. I know they're supposedly tough, but I think any team can be exploited.Maybe Taylor can reach the edges and make something happen. Toughie for me this week. Barber, Jlew, Taylor Oh My!

MB3...Big Ten homers know he is better then JJones. If not for Maroney, MB3 leads division 1 in rushing over last 2 years and goes in top 20.

Marion Barber III was the 2nd best back at Minnesota last year (Big Ten homer here). Maroney was the better back and still is.  You are insane if you start him over JLew. That's a threeheaded monster over there with ATrain and Tyson also in the mix.

MB3...Big Ten homers know he is better then JJones. If not for Maroney, MB3 leads division 1 in rushing over last 2 years and goes in top 20.

So what you are saying is that if Barber was the best RB on his college football roster, he could have led the big 10 in rushing? Impressive. But he wasn't the best back in the big 10, he wasn't even the best back on his team.

Do you actually watch football games on the weekend? Barber looked real good in DAL's win over ARI, but I didn't see any special burst, snappy cuts or anything special.

He is a solid all around back, and could take Julius' job, but its not because he is actually superior to Jones. It will be injury related. Jones has a huge burst, and the ability to make LBs look silly in the open field. He may give up some ground to Barber on short yardage, but I didn't see him having any problems punching it in at the goal line last season.

I guess you didn't feel the need to read any of the other articles discussing Jones being back at practice Friday or Saturday. WIth a bye week, he has time to catch up on what he has missed.

Its a toss up who starts, but if healthy, JJ gets the nod.

Marion Barber III was the 2nd best back at Minnesota last year (Big Ten homer here). Maroney was the better back and still is.  You are insane if you start him over JLew. That's a threeheaded monster over there with ATrain and Tyson also in the mix.

Why did you bump this 2 week old thread? :thumbsdown:

TOOL!!!

Do you actually watch football games on the weekend? Barber looked real good in DAL's win over ARI, but I didn't see any special burst, snappy cuts or anything special.

Do you???.....While he didnt show any real burst, Both of his touchdown runs were over the top of people....he may not run by them, but he will run over them as he did all day against the Cards....and someone that refuses to be brought down by 2-3 people and justs runs them over is special...

I dont have him and I do think he will be waiting for another opportunity when JJ comes back....but its pretty obvious you werent watching this game. It may have been on your tv, but you werent watching it