Sign in to follow this  
sensenomaking

Steve Smith value

I just traded Steve Smith for Torry Holt.

Does anybody else feel this is good taking into accounts the schedule of both teams, and other various factors.

AND

what other receivers do you expect to emerge in the second half?

Pound 4 Pound S. Smith is the best reciever in the league....

I wouldnt have done it ....

hes is DA MAN!

Holt isnt 100 percent and Bulger is hurtin...

good luck.. :bandana:

Guest veritas

from the words of Napoleon Dynamite "IDIOT"

Maybe I'm alone, but I don't see this as too bad of a trade if you break it down by matchups. Smith is definitely a superstud (ok, maybe I wouldn't have done it), but I see your point re: matchups & overall value this year.

St. Louis plays: NO, Seattle, AZ, Houston, Minnesota, SF (week 16)

Carolina plays: TB, Chicago, Buffalo, Atlanta, TB (again), Dallas (week 16) and Atlanta (week 17)

So, looking ahead Carolina has a tougher schedule, but Smith is probably a better receiver. Martin in for Bulger adds another twist.

Again, I might not have done it, but it may end up being a wash, and if Holt happens to go off, you might look like Einstein.

:mad:

I would have kept steve. Then again, if you were in my spot you wouldn't have to make a choice. I Have Chad, Steve, and Holt

pound for pound he may be the best receiver in the league but so was mugsy bogues but id take jordan over him in basketball.

anyway, lets take a look here at smiths remaining games:

Oct 30 Minnesota 1:00pm

Nov 6 @Tampa Bay 1:00pm

Nov 13 N.Y. Jets 4:05pm

Nov 20 @Chicago 1:00pm

Nov 27 @Buffalo 1:00pm

Dec 4 Atlanta 1:00pm

Dec 11 Tampa Bay 1:00pm

Dec 18 @New Orleans (Baton Rouge, LA) 1:00pm

Dec 24 Dallas 1:00pm

Jan 1 @Atlanta

I think the final stretch speaks for itself, as well as Davis's inability to get it done recently in the running game

Now Holt:

Nov 13 @Seattle 4:15pm

Nov 20 Arizona 1:00pm

Nov 27 @Houston 1:00pm

Dec 4 Washington 4:05pm

Dec 11 @Minnesota 1:00pm

Dec 18 Philadelphia 4:15pm

Dec 24 San Francisco 1:00pm

Jan 1 @Dallas 8:30pm

quite a bit better considering the secondaries

I agree Smith is a great player, but in terms of yards and receptions holt has been hotter, but Smith does have the edge in touchdowns but i expect that to decrease. I am 6-0 and am averaging 30 points more a week than the other individuals so I did have a bit of leniency but this might have been better than individuals who think a season is all about the first half. Then again these might be the same people who bought into the Wille Parker idea

Again, I might not have done it, but it may end up being a wash, and if Holt happens to go off, you might look like Einstein.

True, and then again I'm having an amazing year considering my picks and my management. :rolleyes:

pound for pound he may be the best receiver in the league but so was mugsy bogues but id take jordan over him in basketball.

anyway, lets take a look here at smiths remaining games:

Oct 30 Minnesota 1:00pm

Nov 6 @Tampa Bay 1:00pm

Nov 13 N.Y. Jets 4:05pm

Nov 20 @Chicago 1:00pm

Nov 27 @Buffalo 1:00pm

Dec 4 Atlanta 1:00pm

Dec 11 Tampa Bay 1:00pm

Dec 18 @New Orleans (Baton Rouge, LA) 1:00pm

Dec 24 Dallas 1:00pm

Jan 1 @Atlanta

I think the final stretch speaks for itself, as well as Davis's inability to get it done recently in the running game

Now Holt:

Nov 13 @Seattle 4:15pm

Nov 20 Arizona 1:00pm

Nov 27 @Houston 1:00pm

Dec 4 Washington 4:05pm

Dec 11 @Minnesota 1:00pm

Dec 18 Philadelphia 4:15pm

Dec 24 San Francisco 1:00pm

Jan 1 @Dallas 8:30pm

quite a bit better considering the secondaries

I agree Smith is a great player, but in terms of yards and receptions holt has been hotter, but Smith does have the edge in touchdowns but i expect that to decrease. I am 6-0 and am averaging 30 points more a week than the other individuals so I did have a bit of leniency but this might have been better than individuals who think a season is all about the first half. Then again these might be the same people who bought into the Wille Parker idea

Ur wrong... i wasnt on the Parker bandwagon.

and mugsy bogues to jordan is like

k. barlow Vs Walter Payton...

...and yes we do understand that there are two halfs to a season... he asked for opinions not ..someone who thinks their shet doesnt stink and they are "the best" fantasy team owners ever..

get off ur horse.. because its dead..and

Im a Charlotte homer and S. Smith is the man.. just remember what Moose did when S.Smith was injured.. Moose was the man and played the same teams..lol