Sign in to follow this  
frothydv

GB RB situation

With Green and Davenport down, does Fisher get the carries? I'm sure some of us with poor depth at RB are willing to take a chance on anyone that starts and gets close to 20 carries. Think anyone on GB will get that?

--Frothy

I can't believe anyone will get 20 carries per game. Fisher is your best bet, because he is a decent receiver, and they'll be passing a lot.

Haven't seen Reshard Lee play at all, so I don't know if he's suited to carry a load either. Frankly, I think Davenport missed his chance to be the guy in GB. He's performed well when getting carries, but just never given the opportunity.

Any GB homers seen these guys play recently? (Preseason?)

--Frothy

Haven't seen Reshard Lee play at all, so I don't know if he's suited to carry a load either. Frankly, I think Davenport missed his chance to be the guy in GB. He's performed well when getting carries, but just never given the opportunity.

Any GB homers seen these guys play recently? (Preseason?)

--Frothy

Lee wasn't on the team until Davenport got hurt. I can't believe that guy who's bounced around as much as he has can carry the load. Fisher has done alright in year's past when asked to carry the football, but something just doesn't seem right in the Packer running game this season. As I said above, Fisher will get plenty of work out of the backfield, because he is a good receiver and Green Bay will pass. Who knows who'll be carrying the load though.

I wonder if fb Henderson will get the bulk of the carries. He is a tank!

I don't think so. I love the guy, but he lost his starting FB position to Vonte Leach, who was also injured today. It's unlikely that he'd take over the RB position, but he may play more if Leach is seriously hurt. He's a decent receiver, but I seriously doubt he has much left for running skills.

T Fisher will get the bulk of the carries until that putrid O line gets him hurt too. That said, I don't think he will be much of a factor as he is not a good goal line back. :o

Pick up Favre if you can. Air is gonna be full of footballs.

JMHO, but I don't think the Packers view Fisher as an every down back; he's more effective as a third-down change-of-pace guy.

I was surprised when they signed Reshard Lee after the injury to Najeh. I would've wagered they'd bring back Walter Williams, who was said to be a "tough cut" at the end of pre-season.

Synopsis: I don't think Fisher can be the main back and be effective; Lee couldn't possibly know the offense after two weeks; I prognosticate they'll bring in Walter Williams or Nick Lachey this week....

Guest 00ITR499
can the Packers turn T.Fisher into a poor-mans Brian Westbrook?

Yes, the version of Brian Westbrook that got hurt and missed the end of the season.

can the Packers turn T.Fisher into a poor-mans Brian Westbrook?

That title already goes to Mewelde Moore. Therefore Fisher could only hope to be called a poor man's Mewelde Moore. :ph34r:

I think he'll catch passes, but they will likely mix in another back and throw a ton. His receiving numbers might make him an ok play as a flex/bye week player in deeper leagues, but I think it's not realistic to expect more than that.

Fisher is not a very good runner, but he's an excellent receiver out of the backfield. I'd say he'll average 20 yards rushing and 50 yards receiving a week and not be worth starting. Losing both top backs is a disaster for Green Bay.

Even Green wasnt getting 20 carries when healty. Fisher could be a bye week filler if hes the starter, but i wouldnt rely on him.