Sign in to follow this  
Heckler

How good is Detroits defense?

I don't usually carry two defense on my roster, but I had to pick one up this weekend due to Tampa's bye week. Anyways, I need to pick up some players due to injuries suffered this weekend (A.Green for T.Fisher), but noticed that Detroit's D looks pretty good. Now I am wondering if I should just keep them and drop someone else. Anyone with some insights????

As a Detroit Homer, I may be a bit biased, but here you go.

The Goods:

The run D has looked stellar the past 3-4 weeks and they have stuffed the run very well. The DBs have been making plays all season, there have been many interceptions as of late.

The Bads:

Both starting corners (Bly & Bryant) are hurt. I'm not 100% sure how long Bryant is out for and Bly will be a question mark with a hurt wrist (word is he may need surgery) Rogers hurt his knee yesterday and would be dearly lost in the middle of the line if he is out for any length of time. Detroit had their second round draft pick (Cody) playing nose tackle at times against the Browns.

The Uglies:

The Bears lit them up earlier in the season for something like 38 points. Granted this weekend will be in Detroit, and the Lions always play better at home, but the injuries seem to be piling up. Looking at the remaining schedule, barring further injuries, recommended starts would be: week 10 ARZ, week 13 MIN, week 16 @ NO and maybe week 9 @ MIN.

you'll want to monitor the injuries after yesterday's game, but the lions d has been top-7 in my ff leagues for a couple of weeks now. regardless of the injuries, they have a good matchup next week with the bears at home. i highly doubt the bears throttle the lions again, especially at home. that game was an anomaly.

shaun cody has 3 sacks in the past 2 games. he's coming on.

9th ranked overall defense in NFL

2nd in NFL in turnovers.

Not sure the rank, but defensive scores have to be up there.

Doesn't sound so bad.

Pretty good. They lead the league in interceptions, which always bodes well and gives you the opportunities for defensive TDs.

Playing in that crap azz division can't hurt.