Sign in to follow this  
GhostofMeanMachine99

Eagles@Denver

I don't think either team will run the ball well! It will come down to turnovers and field position. Should be a great game. Edge goes to Philly at home.

Denver is a fraud Ghost....Plummer is mistakes waiting to happen and something tells me were going to see some more balance this week out of the offense.

Defense will play its normal solid game as I cant see anything out of the Denver offense that will be able to truly exploit the Eagles Defense.

The Birds dont have the look of a Super Bowl team as of yet but no one else out there outside of Indy does either, things will shape up in the next few weeks.

BTW maybe you were right we should have gotten Alexander.

I don't think either team will run the ball well! It will come down to turnovers and field position. Should be a great game. Edge goes to Philly at home.

They're playing in Denver. HTH :cry:

Watching how Dallas and San Diego defended Donovan McNabb, there is reason to worry that a pattern is forming, and that a belief is growing among the league's defensive coordinators that McNabb cannot beat you deep. Playing despite the sports hernia that limits his mobility and pains him when he stretches the lower portion of his body, McNabb hasn't thrown long very often in recent weeks.

-- Philadelphia Inquirer

McNabb's injury and the Eagles refusal/inability to pound the football may be a bigger problem than just this week. Although, after totally dominating Tomlinson last week and, I hate to say this, having T.O. being able to change a game by himself anything could happen.

Game is in Denver

As an Eagles fan I would not be surprised if the Broncos beat the Eagles. They will have their hands full this weekend. Where is the Eagles offense??? They have NO running game :cry: and their passing game sucks right now. Question is can their defense/special team carry them 2 straight weeks??? It's going to be hard. Only thing good is that Denver is known to sizzle out in the second half of the season. Lets hope they start this week.

Denver is a fraud Ghost....Plummer is mistakes waiting to happen and something tells me were going to see some more balance this week out of the offense.

Defense will play its normal solid game as I cant see anything out of the Denver offense that will be able to truly exploit the Eagles Defense.

The Birds dont have the look of a Super Bowl team as of yet but no one else out there outside of Indy does either, things will shape up in the next few weeks.

BTW maybe you were right we should have gotten Alexander.

At this point, all signs are pointing to the Eagles not resigning Westbrook, and I think the possibility of them going after James when the season' over.

They'll have a ton of cap room (by letting TO walk and Westbrook can walk, too). I'd like to see them pick up a good FA defensive end as well.

As an Eagles fan I would not be surprised if the Broncos beat the Eagles. They will have their hands full this weekend. Where is the Eagles offense??? They have NO running game :thumbsup: and their passing game sucks right now. Question is can their defense/special team carry them 2 straight weeks??? It's going to be hard. Only thing good is that Denver is known to sizzle out in the second half of the season. Lets hope they start this week.

McNabb has been known to have subpar games against defenses with a good linebacking corp. IMO, Denver has the best right now. They're athletic and they can cover.

Al Wilson may be the most underrated defender in the league right now. If they match up Bailey on TO, I see alot of problems for the offense to score points.

So the defense will have to step it up again. If they can't get pressure on Plummer and force him into making mistakes, then I don't see the Birds winning this one.

I had this one marked as a loss even before the season started. :cheers:

Phili is really going to have their hands full in this one. Denver may be the best team outside of Indi at this point. They run the ball very well, they don't turn the ball over, and they play good defense. Phili has been shaky, even in several of their wins. They are going to have to play a lot better than they have been to pull out a road win in Denver.

They'll have a ton of cap room (by letting TO walk and Westbrook can walk, too). I'd like to see them pick up a good FA defensive end as well.

i'd bet big money that if westbrook is let go, he'll do nothing elsewhere and will re-sign in a few years at a discount, becoming a contributor at that time like trotter did.

With Parcells and our high powered offense, we're going to DESTROY Denver on turkey day 7-6. :headbanger:

But for this week, go Broncs! :mad:

Are you speculating on James or is it something you heard?

Pure speculation.

He's be a perfect fit in this offense, though. He's a great runner who can catch the ball out of the backfield.

With Moats as his backup, they'd be a perfect 1-2 combo.

With Parcells and our high powered offense, we're going to DESTROY Denver on turkey day 7-6. :mad:

But for this week, go Broncs! ;)

cowboys will ride the broncos on thanksgiving :headbanger:

David Akers - K - Eagles

Coach Andy Reid said yesterday that he expects K David Akers (hamstring) to return within two weeks.

Akers may begin practicing as soon as tomorrow and could play Sunday. "If he's not back this week, he'll be back the next week," Reid said. "We will see how he does by Wednesday." Oct. 25 - 10:38 am et

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

Differance maker? :lol:

All signs pointing to a struggle in this game. AS an Eagles fan and a Westbrook owner, this game makes me nervous. Except my other option at RB is Mike Anderson!

My own fantasy conundrums aside, I think the Birds will have trouble moving the ball for scores (again). It is a tall order to depend on your D/ST so much, but that's one of the reasons for the Eagles' success, and they will need another solid performance to have a chance in this game.

If I were forced to choose, I think the Broncs win this one by 3 or 4 points.

If the Iggles can't run the ball, they will not come into Denver and win. The linebackers are too good where they will be able to stay with Westbrook coming out of the backfield.

With that said, the Broncos have to protect the ball against Philly. Jake is going to have to throw the ball to win this game. Lelie is going to have to get open against Lito Sheppard.

Should be a good game, but, like Kansas City before, it is tough to come to Denver and win.

Ghost-

LJ Smith will do good won't he?

Dunno. LJ's been getting split out wide alot more than usual.

He normally plays quiet after he has a solid game (6 for 63). I think Denver's LBs are too good to let him go off, so I wouldn't look for a big game from him.

If the Iggles can't run the ball, they will not come into Denver and win. The linebackers are too good where they will be able to stay with Westbrook coming out of the backfield.

With that said, the Broncos have to protect the ball against Philly. Jake is going to have to throw the ball to win this game. Lelie is going to have to get open against Lito Sheppard.

Should be a good game, but, like Kansas City before, it is tough to come to Denver and win.

You're correct. I think this game comes down to which team turns the ball over more.

Whomever commits the least amount of turnovers this Sunday will be the winner.

David Akers - K - Eagles

Coach Andy Reid said yesterday that he expects K David Akers (hamstring) to return within two weeks.

Akers may begin practicing as soon as tomorrow and could play Sunday. "If he's not back this week, he'll be back the next week," Reid said. "We will see how he does by Wednesday." Oct. 25 - 10:38 am et

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

Differance maker? :rolleyes:

I'll do you one better.

Just listening to local sports talk radio, and there is a chance the Eagles sign Jose Cortez. Here's the rationale:

Bring Cortez as a backup for Akers. If Akers can't go this Sunday, Cortez will handle the kicking duties. If Akers is good to go, Cortez will solely be the kickoff guy.

Even if Akers does kick this weekend, Reid will keep Cortez on the roster just for kickoffs.

France has been okay so far, but his kickoffs suck. There was one instance last week where his kickoff only reached the 17 yard line. That's not gonna get it done.

Ghost-

LJ Smith will do good won't he?

The Broncos have shut down TE's this year. I would not count on a lot from him

What about Putzier?

Good bye week fill-in in TE leagues this week?

Phili is really going to have their hands full in this one.  Denver may be the best team outside of Indi at this point.  They run the ball very well, they don't turn the ball over, and they play good defense.  Phili has been shaky, even in several of their wins.  They are going to have to play a lot better than they have been to pull out a road win in Denver.

well said.

philly has played badly its past 3 games; yet, they are 2-1 in those games. the defense was simply out of this world versus tomlinson. can they do it again?

im torn between the battle of the bronco run game and the eagle rush defense. philly was able to physically push the charger o-line (a big, beefy, strong unit) backward, dictating a new line of scrimmage 3yds behind the original one, and then swarm to tomlinson and not allow him cutbacks or reversals. in the opener, a lighter, quicker, technique-oriented falcon o-line was able to mulch the eagle defense to the tune of 200yds rushing (i know trotter didnt play). the broncos employ a similar style o-line. can the eagles beat up the broncs up front and shut down the run, forcing plummer to throw more than he has and make the mistakes we know he is capable of making? we'll see.

on the other side, i agree about mcfagg and his lack of throwing prowess lately. he is spraying throws, and has zero long ball ability. furthermore, its as if eagle management wants to avoid using westbrook to prove a point that they dont need to pay him cause they can get on without him. bailey did allow a very tall burress to smoke him for one td, but other than that, burress didnt blow up. i expect the champ-TO battle to be a good one. the broncs also have enough speed at lb with gold, williams, and wilson to hang with westbrook. this could make it tough for the eagle offense.

i expect a game very similar to the first half last week. defense, field position, turnovers will decide the game again. if plummer throws 34+ times, they will lose.

In typical Denver fashion, I say they lose this game by ###### it up for themselves and we will all be reminded again how easy it is for Denver to go from a contender to a playoff bound punching bag

of course I could just be bitter, but no...they ###### things up every year right around this time...lets see here

last year it was the Falcons

two years ago it was the Bears

hell the last two years after starting off 5-1 theve dumped 2 and 3 in a row

Since Denver is all about tradition, theyll hand the Eagles a victory Sunday

In typical Denver fashion, I say they lose this game by ###### it up for themselves and we will all be reminded again how easy it is for Denver to go from a contender to a playoff bound punching bag

of course I could just be bitter, but no...they ###### things up every year right around this time...lets see here

last year it was the Falcons

two years ago it was the Bears

hell the last two years after starting off 5-1 theve dumped 2 and 3 in a row

Since Denver is all about tradition, theyll hand the Eagles a victory Sunday

Actually last year was the debacle on monday night against the Bungals. Ouch, that was brutal last year.

After 3 straight weeks of slacking in the 4th quarter, it finally got them against the Giants. It was brutal watching that game. Typical Denver fashion though. Denver is tied for last in the league in sacks with...........Cleveland. Classic.

Actually last year was the debacle on monday night against the Bungals. Ouch, that was brutal last year.

Ya, i was gonna mention that, but decided to go with the two major home game meltdowns since the Philthy game is in our house.

Why does Denver have to toy with my emotions every year around this time?

I am almost used to it though, I didn't figure them beating the Giants from the get go, but to lose it like they did was just ugly and heartbreaking. I just hope if they plan on losin this Sunday they make it a quick and painless one.

I don't see the Eagles having a chance if they cannot run the ball at least a little.

This should be a great game, though.

I luv ya Ghost, but you have to be the most negative Birds fan eva.

In A.R. I trust.

I think this is going to be very interesting game. Phili is strugalling to run the ball and they struggled very bad offancively last game. I thought it was going to be high scoring game when phili faces weak passing Def of SD. I was expecting little bigger numbers from westbrook. if phili can't get their running game on track then this will be an interesting game.

I think this is going to be very interesting game. Phili is strugalling to run the ball and they struggled very bad offancively last game. I thought it was going to be high scoring game when phili faces weak passing Def of SD. I was expecting little bigger numbers from westbrook. if phili can't get their running game on track then this will be an interesting game.

Where is the spelling police, I saw him floating around last night

:wall:

I luv ya Ghost, but you have to be the most negative Birds fan eva.

In A.R. I trust.

I trust Reid also, but he has been saying for 2 weeks "I have to do a better job getting Westbrook and the running game involved." Against the Chargers, we should have seen it, since they weren't down 10+ points in the first quarter. But what we got was an injuired McNabb throwing 50+ passes.... 50+!

I trust Reid, but the last 3 games were the types of games the Eagles dominated last year. I like Reid, but he is not infallible and beyond criticism.

Look son, you've committed multiple infractions here, but I'm going to let you go with a warning this time. But if I ever catch you doing this again I'm hauling you down to the station. Two misspellings in a single word is good for about a week in the clink!

I am actually stunned that Reid is forcing McNabb to throw so many times a game with his injuries.

I love Reid but the man has to make a commitment this week to running the ball!!!

I was actually hoping to see McNabb run the ball more himself this year to keep D's honest but right now they just pin their ears back and go at him.

I like the Eagles chances this week if they play aggresive on D as we all know that Plummer can be prone to mistakes but if they don't run the ball 25 times then Reid is going to continue to have a lot of questions to answer.

Still, could be the game of the week!!

Go Green!!!! :huh:

:first: