Sign in to follow this  
bigtuna

why is Az hakim still on S&S roster?

I have not seen blatant disregard for the rules by the commish before in fftoday history :first:

Not sure that it's blatant disregard for the rules, but I hope we hear from Ralph soon on this.

Not sure that it's blatant disregard for the rules, but I hope we hear from Ralph soon on this.

i was just twisting the knife a little bit for dramatic effect

I have read the rule over and over. I also returned to our discussion threads about our waiver wire process and re-read them.

I honestly believe the "Intent" of the rule was so that no owner could "pick-up" a guy who had just played the early game. Meaning, that no name who just went off or that studs back-up who just got injured (which I stated in the e-mail I sent out.)

Since our rule isn't crystal clear (like JetDoc stated) about it...I will abide by our League Governments wishes and drop someone else.

But I want everyone to know that I am an extremely honest and fair person.....and I believe in my heart that I didn't do anything wrong but I can see where it might have been perceived that way.

I picked up Ferotte and dropped Seattle's "D".............

Sorry for the confusion.

One more thing...........I continually check our waiver wire process for wrong doings and if someone else dropped a guy from an early game I would not have caught it because I wouldn't have thought it against the rules.

I just kind of thought that players from the game were locked. My thinking was that you couldn't swoop in and pickup someone that was in due to injury or whatnot, but also so that you didn't get to take advantage of the early game and drop someone who had performed poorly or been injured. I know it didn't happen here, but what if Frerotte had a broken leg with bones sticking out and such...

Unfortunately, the rules were more vague than I remembered on the subject. :shocking:

I didn't suspect any attempt to pull one over, that's just what I thought and agree that you are always very honest and mostly fair. :huh:

I just kind of thought that players from the game were locked. My thinking was that you couldn't swoop in and pickup someone that was in due to injury or whatnot, but also so that you didn't get to take advantage of the early game and drop someone who had performed poorly or been injured. I know it didn't happen here, but what if Frerotte had a broken leg with bones sticking out and such...

Unfortunately, the rules were more vague than I remembered on the subject. :shocking:

I didn't suspect any attempt to pull one over, that's just what I thought and agree that you are always very honest and mostly fair. :(

:headbanger:

Just something we should probally clear up in the rules.

League governments wishes?

who is that?

Fact is You played with a oversized roster this week.

at the very least you ought to be docked a draft pick commensurate with Hakim's scoring ability.

You are, IMO, justifying the fact that you blatantly cheated.

JMO.

BTW, i don't care about Hakim, and i kicked your ass anyway, but this move in the face of such universal criticism, reflects poorly upon your character, sportsmanship and your ability to stay impartial in matters like this. I appreciate all the work you do in this league, i know its so hard and time consuming...but fun.

thats my piece

League governments wishes?

who is that?

Fact is You played with a oversized roster this week.

at the very least you ought to be docked a draft pick commensurate with Hakim's scoring ability. 

You are, IMO, justifying the fact that you blatantly cheated.

JMO.

BTW, i don't care about Hakim, and i kicked your ass anyway, but this move in the face of such universal criticism, reflects poorly upon your character, sportsmanship and your ability to stay impartial in matters like this.  I appreciate all the work you do in this league, i know its so hard and time consuming...but fun.

thats my piece

The league government consists of the commish and two council members - those are Jetdoc and Miller.

The rule on the issue was written to include only pickups of early players, it was very vague on dropping players in these games but a broad statement was interpreted by the two council members to include drops.

Since it was vague, it was ruled by the council members that there was no intent to bypass any rules but that drops of these players should not be allowed. It was ruled that a drop of a player other than Frerotte would be an acceptable solution due to the vagueness of the rules and there being no intent to bypass them.

All of this was in several emails that everyone was copied in on earlier in the week.

Ralph has abided the decision of the coucil, dropped another player instead of Frerotte, and has rewritten the rules to include drops now. Had they ruled differently, I'm confident that Ralph would have abided any decision...

I agreed via email that was copied to everyone that I thought it was an acceptable solution, and at this point you're the only person that has taken exception to that solution. There isn't universal criticism as far as I can tell.

Hope this clears it up.