Sign in to follow this  
RS79

Predict J. Jones future

I take it nobody feels like talking about this guy - I assume that means you are all sick of hearing about him

Guest filipatos
I take it nobody feels like talking about this guy - I assume that means you are all sick of hearing about him

No - Im thinking of trading Warrick Dunn for him. Since Dunn has a bye this week anyways. and Im banking that Julius Jones is ready for week 9?

Barber/Thomas/Thompson have combined for what JJ normally does in one game. JJ played against tough defenses and before people were giving the passing game any respect. I hope he sits this weekend and gets healthy for week 9. I think he comes back in great form with a huge chip on his shoulder, a lot like last year.

i still get the feeling parcels doesnt like him

I think it's more disappointment than dislike. He wants JJ to step up and play through the pain. The only problem I have with this is that JJ was a 1st or 2nd round pick in all drafts and he's not going to return nearly that much value at this point. The week 8 matchup vs Arizona is one that his owners (including me) have been drooling over and now it looks like he'll be riding the pine for that one. His schedule beyond that isn't the most difficult in the league but it's not the easiest either. I'm thinking that if he comes back in week 10 and has a great game, it might be a good opportunity to trade him. :o

I'm thinking about offering up Jordan and Coles for J. Jones and Fitzgerald. I already have M. Barber and A. Thomas. I think Jones will be back to form after the bye week.

The Jones owner is desperate for a win and is depleted at RB. My WRs aren't that great w/ Glenn, Branch and Coles. I'm 6-1, so I can afford to wait a little on Jones. Of course, it would be a gamble.

If I did the deal I'd be without LT and Jones week 9. They have the same bye week. I'd have to start Bettis and a FB off the waiver wire. That's all that's there.

I was gonna trade tatum bell to get Julius - He offered that to me...

Now I am not so sure.

I was gonna trade tatum bell to get Julius - He offered that to me...

Now I am not so sure.

Tatum Bell = RBBC hell. If I had that offer, I'd take it every time. Even against tough defenses, I'd rather have the guy who is guaranteed to get 20+ carries each game.

Barber/Thomas/Thompson have combined for what JJ normally does in one game. JJ played against tough defenses and before people were giving the passing game any respect. I hope he sits this weekend and gets healthy for week 9. I think he comes back in great form with a huge chip on his shoulder, a lot like last year.

Sorry JJ owner :lol:

JJ has missed 11 of 24 possible games. JJ is the new Fragile Freddy :lol:

Sorry JJ owner :thumbsup:

JJ has missed 11 of 24 possible games. JJ is the new Fragile Freddy :clap:

Yeah I won't argue that. Emense talent, injury magnet. Unfortunate, I latched on to this guy the same way I did when we drafted a Florida guy who was too small and too slow to play in the NFL. :o

I still think he comes back in week 9 ( to full practicing is what I was implying) and is ready to start in week 10 and he has a lot to prove to himself, his fans and above all his coach.

So is Marion Barber definetly getting most of the carries this week or will A-Train/Tyson Thompson get 20 this time around?

So is Marion Barber definetly getting most of the carries this week or will A-Train/Tyson Thompson get 20 this time around?

Only Parcells knows.

:ph34r:

I say yews. Barber is really proving himself to Parcells. He knows the routes, he knows the plays, he picks up the blitz and he is a good runner. I think he gets the majority of the snaps, probably around 20-25 touches.

Dallas morning news sports writer covering the Cowboys on AM 1300 this morning stated that this is truly an HIGH ankle sprain and that the time to heal is gonna be longer than media is led to believe. The conversation progressed to discussions on time to heal from HIGH ankle sprains, usually a 4-6 months. <_<

My 2 cents on the topic

Guest MUGS
The conversation progressed to discussions on time to heal from HIGH ankle sprains, usually a 4-6 months

Didn't Duece Mac have that last season, if I recall?

He missed 2 games but came back and played

I just offered an owner Stephen Davis/Larry Johnson/Heath Miller for JJ/Chad Johnson/Courtney Anderson. I am really hoping both he bites on this trade and that JJ can come back strong for weeks 10-16.

This owner has Dillon, JJ and Rudi Johnson at RB. We must start 2. With JJ out and Dillon and Rudi up in the air, this guy cannot afford to not take this trade. He will be out of the playoffs otherwise with potentially no RBs to start and 5 losses already. Also, Anderson is his starting TE (must start 1) and Miller would be a good upgrade for him.