Sign in to follow this  
Guest Carter@NFLXperts

Fantasy Strategy - What are you thinking?

Guest Carter@NFLXperts

Hey everyone.....

I've noticed a trend on this board.... Dropping players who are doing poorly, although they are solid players.

Injury to Joe Horn, get rid of him! I think that people may really underestimate the value of some players.

Is it me, or do many fantasy coaches not consider the importance of weeks 14, 15, and 16???

I understand if you have a losing team, many times you must win games now to make it into the playoffs. If you have a winning record, take a shot on some players who tend to excel in the 2nd half of the season.

Domanick Davis comes to mind.

I was able to trade for Marvin Harrison and Joe Horn....didn't even cost me a starter. People are looking at next week, and missing what's going to happen 8 weeks from now.

That's my story. Any thoughts?

Hey everyone.....

I've noticed a trend on this board.... Dropping players who are doing poorly, although they are solid players.

Injury to Joe Horn, get rid of him! I think that people may really underestimate the value of some players.

Is it me, or do many fantasy coaches not consider the importance of weeks 14, 15, and 16???

I understand if you have a losing team, many times you must win games now to make it into the playoffs. If you have a winning record, take a shot on some players who tend to excel in the 2nd half of the season.

I was able to trade for Marvin Harrison and Joe Horn....didn't even cost me a starter. People are looking at next week, and missing what's going to happen 8 weeks from now.

Kind of a waste to strategize for Weeks 14-16 if you don't make the playoffs....

Guest Carter@NFLXperts

The name's "Le Douche", by the way :cheers: . And last time I checked, I just had a link in my signature. Anyways.

I agree though - If you have to win games now to make it to the playoffs - At least recognize the teams that would value these guys down the stretch, and make a strong trade.

If not, the strong will get stronger come playoff time.

Hey everyone.....

:cheers: Thus I am holding onto Lee Suggs, and Andre Johnson :lol:

Guest Carter@NFLXperts

To me - Andre Johnson might be one who I wouldn't think would recover - Although he does tend to be a 2nd half of the year player as well.

But man - he can't even get down the field before Carr is on his back. I hate the stupid Texans' O-Line (I have Davis and Johnson in one league) :cheers:

I agree a lot of owners look at a player who is injured or is not quite performing up to expectations and give up on them. Those are the owners you can and should pick clean to help your team now and in the future. Here are two examples of trades I have made this year.

After week 3: Gave up A. Green and M. Anderson Got: Marvin Harrison and M. Faulk (I have S. Jackson and wanted the insurance policy).

After week 6: Gave up R. Wayne and C. Benson Got: R. Moss and C. Rogers

Now my roster looks like this:

QB: C. Palmer, J. Kitna and J. Plummer

RB: W. McGahee, S. Jackson, F. Taylor, M. Faulk, D. Rhodes

WR: C. Johnson, R. Moss, M. Harrison, E. Kennison, A. Lelie, C. Rogers

TE: LJ Smith

K: Graham

KC Def

The moves I made got me Harrison (a top 12 maybe 10 WR), Moss a Top 5 WR and I already had C. Johnson (Top 5) - we start 3 WRs, and I didn't give up a starter.

Guest Carter@NFLXperts

Nice job! That team is sweet.

To me - Andre Johnson might be one who I wouldn't think would recover - Although he does tend to be a 2nd half of the year player as well.

But man - he can't even get down the field before Carr is on his back. I hate the stupid Texans' O-Line (I have Davis and Johnson in one league) :cry:

That Oline better get better - I have AJ for 3 more years in my Dynasty League. :o

I agree that we should look at at the end of season if we have wirnning record but I think domanic davis is too much for harrison and horn. when horn will return you will be able to domanic davis just for horn. I would have saved him untill he return because he will be fresh than. and would have traded him when horn's value is high.

Guest Carter@NFLXperts

You have a good point - It's surprising how many people don't consider the "buy low/sell high" concept.

It has taken me deep into the playoffs consistently.

I'm just trying to determine if the value of a few of my players has peaked yet. (ie. Brett Favre)

Do you think Favre will continue this streak, or should I trade him now, as he is a total stud?

You have a good point - It's surprising how many people don't consider the "buy low/sell high" concept.

It has taken me deep into the playoffs consistently.

I'm just trying to determine if the value of a few of my players has peaked yet. (ie. Brett Favre)

Do you think Favre will continue this streak, or should I trade him now, as he is a total stud?

IMO Farve's value has peeked. His line isn't playing great, and no team is going to respect the run very much, plus he just lost his #2 WR, and Bubba Franks is just not right.

The injuries have piled up, and normally when a RB goes down I think the QB (if he is good) will be more productive, and vice versa. But in this scenerio (they just signed some guy named TACO to play WR) teams will be geared up to drop 6 into coverage and let lose with a 5 man rush, basicly ignoring the running game until GB can prove it has a one.

Guest Carter@NFLXperts

Except for LT, of course.....

LT is the "brown leather shoes" of the fantasy football world.

It's great for all seasons :D

(advice to you fantasy nuts - don't get married, and you won't make gay jokes like that - stick to your beer and football :blink: )

Guest Carter@NFLXperts
:blink: I am married, not gay. Seriously.

I agree completely with your observation; too many people on this site, it seems to me are so busy trying to win the battle that they lose the war. In most leagues, it only takes a little above average to make the playoffs; I'm 5-2 in my league, and my only concern is strengthening my team to maximize during the playoffs. If I have to take a one game loss to do that, but it makes me better in the long run, so be it.

That said, in response to your Favre question, Favre IS a stud, and will continue throwing the ball all season. Expect more Driver doubleteams though.

I like to have 3 QB's in the playoffs as opposed to 2 in the regular season. QB matchups in the playoffs tend to be difference makers when you can't afford to lose. If you can get a top 5-10 RB or WR, you might consider a trade, but I would be very selective as to who to trade for based on the needs of your club.

BTW, last year I won my league after 4 regular season losses by beating a team that finished with only 1 loss.