Sign in to follow this  
(Air)iHEARTbuffaloes

Does anyone like Mush this weekend?

Muhammed goes 6'2 and IMO has some premier leaping ability to go along with excellent hands.

Dre Bly was Detroits best cover guy, he's gone 3-4 weeks. RW McQuarters is starting in his place along side Andre' Goodman, both are 5-10 and neither can be considered cover guys like Bly.

I haven't caught many Bears games so I don't know how bad or good Orton is playing. But I do know they are running the ball a ton with Thomas Jones which should provide Orton with some good reads off play action.

I'm forced to play Mush this weekend and am hoping he goes for at least 40-50 and a td given the matchups. Does anyone closer to Da' Bears organization have an opinion one way or another?

Mushy had his only decent game this season week 2 against the Lions with 6 receptions for 81 yards and a 28 yard TD. But even with Joey Harrington throwing 5 picks and the Bears winning 38-6; Thomas Jones was the focus of the Chicago offense. I don't see Sunday's contest being a high enough scoring affair to merit much consideration for Mushy: The Lions will hang double coverage on him because none of the other Chicago receivers have done jack sh!t, a steady diet of Jones to chew up the clock is in order, Orton probably won't throw unless it's third and long, Mushy has been a major disappointment and Detroit is looking for some payback. The Bears 30th ranked passing attack against the Lions 12th ranked passing defense puts Mushy's value somewhere around a fantasy football #2 starter this week regardless of the Detroit backfield injuries; look for a typical game of 4 receptions for about 50 yards and no touchdowns.

Well last year I played this owner in my league and Moose blew up. Play the same kid this year and he has Moose yet again, so I'm expecting at least 100 yards and 1-2 TDs. :D

At least Alexander is on his bench this week. B)

Mushy had his only decent game this season week 2 against the Lions with 6 receptions for 81 yards and a 28 yard TD. But even with Joey Harrington throwing 5 picks and the Bears winning 38-6; Thomas Jones was the focus of the Chicago offense. I don't see Sunday's contest being a high enough scoring affair to merit much consideration for Mushy: The Lions will hang double coverage on him because none of the other Chicago receivers have done jack sh!t, a steady diet of Jones to chew up the clock is in order, Orton probably won't throw unless it's third and long, Mushy has been a major disappointment and Detroit is looking for some payback. The Bears 30th ranked passing attack against the Lions 12th ranked passing defense puts Mushy's value somewhere around a fantasy football #2 starter this week regardless of the Detroit backfield injuries; look for a typical game of 4 receptions for about 50 yards and no touchdowns.

Hey, Johnny Holmes, take notes from this guy, son.

Good insight. Much appreciated.

i dont know if mushy has been a "major disappointment". i mean we all knew he was going to the bears who is a ball control team with a solid D and a bad QB. i dont think really anyone expected big things out of him. he gets his 50 or 60 yards a week but that is going to be a about it most weeks because he just isnt in the right offense to have a huge impact.

Start Mushy....Det D is the suxor. 38-6....enough said.

so will you give me the lions and 20 points this weekend or are you chicken? you squawk a lot. and you want to infer all sorts of things about week 2. you so much as say here that the bears beat the lions 38-6 in week 2 and shouldn't have any trouble winning by that margin this week.

so let's do it: i'll take the lions and 20 points.

put up or shut the fock up.

(i already have an idea of what you'll do :cheers:)

so will you give me the lions and 20 points this weekend or are you chicken? you squawk a lot. and you want to infer all sorts of things about week 2. you so much as say here that the bears beat the lions 38-6 in week 2 and shouldn't have any trouble winning by that margin this week.

so let's do it: i'll take the lions and 20 points.

put up or shut the fock up.

(i already have an idea of what you'll do :headbanger:)

Swamp, are you a lions fan? If so who are those guys in the secondary aside from McQuarters? I know the names but don't know anything about them?

6/75 and 1td for Mushy-mush this week..... Only td came against Det. and Orton is getting a bit better, albeit, a bit... No Bly either... gotta like his chances

i like mush this week, here's why: detroits d sucks, they have injuries in the secondary and those that are starting are second rate at best. they aren't physical, fast, big or adept at coverage. Det's d will be focused on stopping T.jones (my 9th rounder!), that means 8 men in the box all day long. that leaves only single coverage most of the time. Chi's d will stuff det's O all day giving Mush many chances on O. he'll get some garbage rec here and there and a couple of first downs and a td! i see 5-8 rec, 65-85yds and 1 score. bank it. ;)

I actually like him for the next three weeks:

detroit, new orleans and san francisco. Detroit would be the hardest matchup, but without Bly, I can see Mushy getting at least one jump ball opportunity in the redzone.

I actually like him for the next three weeks:

detroit, new orleans and san francisco. Detroit would be the hardest matchup, but without Bly, I can see Mushy getting at least one jump ball opportunity in the redzone.

This is what I'm hoping for aswell. Good to hear I'm not alone.

Yeah...listen to this guy...He said the only reason Burleson had big games vs. green bay last year was because they used both safties and a linebacker on Moss which left all kinds of room for Nate to catch 11 balls for 141 yards and a score.

Moss didnt even play in the game. Sweetness has no credibility in my book.