Sign in to follow this  
Gsquared

M. Bulger Dropped To Waivers!

Allright, so im in a pretty wierd league this year, some really crazy ###### happens and it seem like only a few people actually look at their team. Will be switching leagues next year to a Dynasty league.....but this all besides the point!

Yesterday a guy in our league dropped M. Bulger onto the waiver list then added D. Givens (yes i know brace yourself its not over yet). Then dropped D. Givens...then added D. Martin! UNREAL? So now with our bullshit waiver wire (which after much disscussion, no one really understands how it works, and the comissioner still wont explain how it works), no one can pick up Bulger until next Wed. (11/2)!

Is anyone else in leagues like this? does this kind of crap happen alot? just want to prepare myself for next season when i jump into a dynasty league. I just couldnt belive my eyes when i saw M. Bulger on the list and I cant pick him up or anyone else now until next wed! :pointstosky: :thumbsup: :huh: :wall:

brace yourself for stern condemnation for playing with retards :ph34r:

btw, money won from playing with retards is still legal tender

brace yourself for stern condemnation for playing with retards :ph34r:

btw, money won from playing with retards is still legal tender

you do have a really good point, and we did pay to play in this league....but jesus....how do people even come to the idea that out of everyone on their team, Bulger has to go! LOL

p.s. we are in a 12 man league :pointstosky:

I'm not in a league where someone would drop Bulger like that, but we do have a "clear waivers" system where the guy that is dropped won't be available until the next week's FA period begins. This lets everyone have a fair shot at him, not just the guys who are on their computers 24/7. With a lot of businesses blocking websites, I think it is a good rule to have in place.

I'm not in a league where someone would drop Bulger like that, but we do have a "clear waivers" system where the guy that is dropped won't be available until the next week's FA period begins. This lets everyone have a fair shot at him, not just the guys who are on their computers 24/7. With a lot of businesses blocking websites, I think it is a good rule to have in place.

well all i know is that are waivers are on........wed comes around and we have a waiver list that goes into effect........then wed, you can add, drop, pick-up all you want, with no time constraints.......then after wed. you can do anything until next week. Just frustrating! I do see your point though and i do agree with it, i feel anyone that is dropped should not be able to be picked up for atleast 24-48 hours. But a full week is a little crazy.

well all i know is that are waivers are on........wed comes around and we have a waiver list that goes into effect........then wed, you can add, drop, pick-up all you want, with no time constraints.......then after wed. you can do anything until next week. Just frustrating! I do see your point though and i do agree with it, i feel anyone that is dropped should not be able to be picked up for atleast 24-48 hours. But a full week is a little crazy.

I could deal w/ 24-48 hours. But don't mind the full week thing either.

I entirely disagree with the idea everyone needs a fair shot at players all week, after everyone is already given a fair shot as per a Wed. waiver wire. Once Wed rolls around, it should be open season. The main thing that ruins a FF league is inactivity! Why promote more inactivity and lackadasical team management by delaying waivers? Why should someone, a highly active and competitive player, have to stand by and watch a player of Bulgers calibur sit on waivers so the guy who checks his lineup only on SAT night can have a "chance"?

A good amount of sleepers actually can be found early in the week as local news reports "minor notes" from practice. The highly active and competitive player does his research, but cannot pick up his latest sleeper. Then the story breaks and it is news everywhere, available to all, and the chumpchanger makes his great pickup Sat night.

Get him now. One retards loss is a smart ff player's gain.

Exactly my point. A league should encourage active players, not reward the inactive with extra time.

I entirely disagree with the idea everyone needs a fair shot at players all week, after everyone is already given a fair shot as per a Wed. waiver wire. Once Wed rolls around, it should be open season. The main thing that ruins a FF league is inactivity! Why promote more inactivity and lackadasical team management by delaying waivers? Why should someone, a highly active and competitive player, have to stand by and watch a player of Bulgers calibur sit on waivers so the guy who checks his lineup only on SAT night can have a "chance"?

A good amount of sleepers actually can be found early in the week as local news reports "minor notes" from practice. The highly active and competitive player does his research, but cannot pick up his latest sleeper. Then the story breaks and it is news everywhere, available to all, and the chumpchanger makes his great pickup Sat night.

you couldn't have said it any better for my situation! This is exactly my problem! Im going to post this in my leagues message board (not like it matters, no one reads it but 5 people). :o

This only applies to guys that are dropped from a players roster. If there is a FA out there, you're right, it's open season.

But, if a guy just becomes available on a Wednesday night at midnight and 11/12 players in a league have a family, kids, and a job to get to in the morning, but 1/12 is a computer geek that has no job and lives with his Mom and stays up 20/24 hrs/day. Gee guess who's going to get every good player dropped Wednesday at midnight. Yeah, real fair... :rolleyes:

Face it, most FF players do NOT live and die FF.

This only applies to guys that are dropped from a players roster. If there is a FA out there, you're right, it's open season.

But, if a guy just becomes available on a Wednesday night at midnight and 11/12 players in a league have a family, kids, and a job to get to in the morning, but 1/12 is a computer geek that has no job and lives with his Mom and stays up 20/24 hrs/day. Gee guess who's going to get every good player dropped Wednesday at midnight. Yeah, real fair... :cheers:

Common, nobody buys that last part of your response. I don't know anybody who lives with their Mom and plays FF. I check the site a few times a day and yes I have a job, married, young kids, etc... I guess I should have specified "leagues with adult players". Your right when you say "This only applies to guys that are dropped from a players roster", but my point is why have it go on for a week and make it easier to be less motivated to stay up to date on the league?

Then they shouldnt play. Im in 11 leagues and ALL of the owner live and die for their teams. It's like taking a blood bath in a shark tank. You better be fast and make all the right moves or your dead :ph34r: Its cut throat. Its the only way i play anymore. No public leagues or any of that crap. Die hards only.

Fantasy Football IS life :clap:

Then they shouldnt play. Im in 11 leagues and ALL of the owner live and die for their teams. It's like taking a blood bath in a shark tank. You better be fast and make all the right moves or your dead :ph34r: Its cut throat. Its the only way i play anymore. No public leagues or any of that crap. Die hards only.

Fantasy Football IS life :clap:

Sounds good to me. More leagues should be like this.

But, if a guy just becomes available on a Wednesday night at midnight and 11/12 players in a league have a family, kids, and a job to get to in the morning, but 1/12 is a computer geek that has no job and lives with his Mom and stays up 20/24 hrs/day. Gee guess who's going to get every good player dropped Wednesday at midnight. Yeah, real fair... :unsure:

You're an idiot.....first of all why pay for something your not going to keep up on. The whole kid, wife, job and living with parents thing is way off base. You're just like the people i play with (my mistake entirely) who can't take 2 minutes to see if there are any trades up? see if any important posts have been put up? These are also the same people that will drop someone, then come back the next day begging to the league to let them have them back, cause they mis read information....screw em' thats there problem. Waiting a week to pick someone up (just like your post) is crazy! If you can't check a website within 48 hours....tough luck, play another game. Go to online poker or scrabble cause your obviously not cut out to keep up on something on a regular basis. :thumbsup:

But, if a guy just becomes available on a Wednesday night at midnight and 11/12 players in a league have a family, kids, and a job to get to in the morning, but 1/12 is a computer geek that has no job and lives with his Mom and stays up 20/24 hrs/day. Gee guess who's going to get every good player dropped Wednesday at midnight. Yeah, real fair... <_<

I aslo love :thumbsup: the guys who dont even understand what the posts are about.....what the hell are you talking about with your Wed night at midnight comments? What does this have to do with anything? Are you sure you dont play in my league? We are talking about 24 hours! When a player is dropped at 11:59 pm and your Barbie Dream Clock rolls around to 12:01 am......this doesnt equal 24 hours. I know it can be confusing but trust me its true!

Guest MUGS

Was Moose posting unlinked sources again on Bulger being done for the year :wall: :P