Sign in to follow this  
roughrider0397

New rule for next year, let's vote

I'm in 6 other money leagues and we all pass this rule last yr, and we all liked it so much that we kept the rule in for this year, and that is the 1 point per reception. It make the WR even w/the Rb scoring wise. Here is an example from my league w/scoring thur this week. As u see s.smith is 6th, Fitzgerald is 12th and Galloway 13.

Let me know what you guys think?

L. Tomlinson

(SD - RB)

S. Alexander

(Sea - RB)

E. James

(Ind - RB)

C. Palmer

(Cin - QB)

D. McNabb

(Phi - QB) P

S. Smith

(Car - WR)

L. Jordan

(Oak - RB)

T. Brady

(NE - QB) P

P. Manning

(Ind - QB)

K. Collins

(Oak - QB)

B. Favre

(GB - QB)

L. Fitzgerald

(Ari - WR)

J. Galloway

(TB - WR)

It's something to discuss, but one thing to think about. That's a major change and would've had a big impact on how people planned their drafts. Now this is just my opinion but I'm not a big fan of making a change that would've had a huge impact on how my team was going to be built. As you noted it does change player value significantly. In a redraft league that's not a huge issue since every year everyone starts with a clean slate and can draft according to the new rules, in a dynasty we've all built our teams based on the current rules. Even a keeper league would have much less impact from this scoring change. Now the only way to realistically and fairly implement such a major scoring change would be to completely redraft teams, and seeing as how the team I put together is doing pretty well and appears to be pretty set for the future I'd rather not do that. Not to mention that draft picks have exchanged hands amongst several owners already.

Still I'm willing to discuss this and if everyone wants to implement it I'd of course go along. I just feel the ramifacations need to be fully realized.

It will make receiving RBs worth more.  :)

meaning you would want it or not?

I'd have to say no. Just based on the fact that we haven't had it this year.

Though I'm all for revisiting the D/ST scoring. :)

I don't have a problem with something for receptions, though I do agree with Lobo in that most people probably did not draft for that. It does move some of the emphasis to receviers and pass catching backs.

I am also in a league that gives 1PPR. Tiki Barber had a monster day, partly due to his 8 receptions.

I am pretty open to allowing this, though I would suggest maybe 0.5 points.

As for Defense, yeah that really does have to be addressed.