Sign in to follow this  
US Navy DEVIL DOC

Football Fan has a SEVERE case of Buyers Remorse

The first thing they teach you in the military is HONOR, COURAGE and COMMITMENT .... and I have made a point of living up to all 3 in EVERY facet of my life.

YOU, came to ME and offered ME the trade. YOU are the one that said that YOUR offer is "very similar to a trade between CA_7 & Hoos First."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Email from Football Fan - "The reason I am emailing you is to offer you a trade, you said that you are looking to gain a second first round vet pick, well I'll offer you my first round vet pick (10th pick of the draft) for your veteran picks round 2 (17th pick) & round 5 (56th pick), plus your rookie 1.05 pick. This is the going market rate for a trade like this, if you take a look at the trade in our league between CA_7 & Hoos First, you'll see that this trade is very similar to their trade."

Interesting, huh? But wait ... here's the capper ...

- Next Email from Football Fan- If your looking to move up in the rookie draft to grab a top 3 rookie RB, then we could trade rookie 1st rounders in this trade, but we may have to rearrange the offer a little bit so it is fair to both sides. How about your 2nd & 5th vet picks plus your 1.05 rookie pick for my 1st vet pick plus my 1.03 rookie pick? I kinda like this option, you move up in both drafts, and I get an extra middle round pick, both sides win. Let me know what you think?

- Final Email from Football Fan - Go check out the other trades in our league, I don't think anyone would better my offer. I'll add my 11th round vet pick to close the deal. Do we have a deal? Your 2nd & 5th vet picks, plus your 1.05 rookie pick for my 1st & 11th round vet picks, plus my 1.03 rookie pick?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like an IMMEDIATE APOLOGY for you calling me a liar. I was NOTHING but honest in this trade and it was YOU in fact who made the offers. Just because everyone pointed out that you got the short end of the deal doesn't give you the right to call me a liar. I don't think I have EVER been so blatantly disrespected ....

:huh:

Guess we don't have to worry about you two making a trade again.

I should probally just stay out of this, but just to point some things out.

I would just let it go, I doubt the rest of the members of this league think this is a bid deal. While football fan said you were dishonest, I don't think any of us felt you did anything wrong.

The bottom line is that football fan didn't appear to get what most of us felt he should have for his first round pick. Wether you told him you had another offer that was better or not shouldn't really matter, if football fan thought the deal was unfair than he never should have made it.

Like I said in the other thread, I rarely let an owner saying he has a better offer on the table from somebody else effect what I'm willing to give up. You should set a fair price in your head and stick to it, if you really want to make the deal sometimes you decide to give up more than you think you should just to get it done.

Anyways, it'd be nice if we didn't have to deal with an argument like this before we even do the draft. Just let it go. As far I'm concerned this isn't going to effect the way I make deals with either of you.

Now the two of you shake hands and wish eachother luck in the draft. :P

I think we need a devil doc-football fan matchup to open the season :P

Make sure you put it in prime time!

it didnt take long for our 1st rivalry

Week 2: Football Fan vs Devil DOC :blink:

Too bad they play on the field for real...

Sign in to follow this