Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

College Basketball Tourney Breakdown ( Sleepers Busts ) !

:cheers:

The favorite IMO has got to be UCONN - top to bottom they are the Best team in America - odds are though everyone and there mother uncle are picking UCONN so picking UCONN does little for you - Connecticut wins and all it gives you is a 1 in 15 chance at your average office. So it's probably not worth sh!t but heres my take on the field.

Atlanta region

Big School duds !

Duke - The got no bench at all really and their offence is up to 2 people Reddick and Williams. They are just not really as good as ESPN would lead you to believe. K is the rgeatest coahc and yes Reddick is GREAT shooter but they are not as good as they been in years past. I highly doubt theymake it to the final 4

LSU - They are decent and as a huge UK fan ( UK alum undergrad ) I watch alot of SEC. They can bge really good but at 4th seed IMO they were ranked 2 slots high. LSU is prime for a first round loss. They live and Die going with Davis.

Syracuse - This is the sucker pick. Syracuse has gotten done what they set out to do. They are spent emotionally and phyically. I highly doubt they make it to the " anticipated " match up in the sweet 16 against Duke.

Upset specials

Iona - Iona has looked really solid all season even against top schools. LSU is prime for a plucking and I think Ina scores the big upset in this bracket in round 1.

NC State - They got a bracket where they can go really far. Them being a 10 seed is a joke as there is several top 4 seeded team they are easily better than. NC State could get to the final 8 without - A person with big balls picking this team in the final 8 could make their bracket win..

Texas A&M - With Syracuse coming off a emotional roller coaster this could be a great chance to get an edge in your pool with a balsy pick here. Even if it doesn't pan out your not losing alot unless you think Cuse might go far.. solid high reward little risk.

Best team in the bracket

Texas - If Texas gets past a possible touch match up against NC State I could see them in the final 4 easily. I just think they got a better team than Duke. Dookies got the easy road to the final 8 but IMO They don't get to Indianapolis.

Oakland Bracket

Big School duds

Kansas - Is there a worse tournament coach than Bill Self ? Kansas is a solid young team and I think they do great next year but after a great big 12 tourny win I think they fall flat in the dance and maybe even really early. As Self early exits sontinue.

Gonzaga - Morrison is great okay - but Gonzaga has struggled against every good team they faced all season ! Sure they beat the cupcakes but against top teams they crumble. They beat MSU in OT early but IMO Gonzaga is good enough to get out of the round of 16

Upset specials

Alabama - I thought this last year as well only to be reall y dissapointed. tbis year I still think they have at least poteential to get to round 2 and a solid chance at the sweet 16. A great point gaurd is always great to have in the touney and they really have a solid one.

Indiana - Hoosiers are playing inspired ball above there talent level. And I expect this to continue A ballsy pick but a elite 8 is not unpossible the way they have been playing.

Xavier - My low riskk pick as i can't see Gonzga getting past round 2 regardless Xavier is a low rish chance to gain a point when other lose.

My pick

Memphis - They are the 1 seed everyone expects to fall the easiest so they are the one school I Think makes to Indy. An besides they have been ona tear since their upset loss to UAB

DC bracket

Big School busts

UT - Tennssee could possible lose in round 1 ! They are that overated. I atched these guys a lot and trust me they are not nearly as good as the seed they got. And how UT is a 2 seed :ninja: :o

Illinois - Not certain why but I just don't see them going all that far. Dee Brown is the Illini and He not the greatest under pressure. I see and early exit for 05 runners up.

upset specials

Seton Hall - Better than you might think I think da Hall goes from the bubble to the sweet 16 ! Hall is better than UT I can tell you as much to be honest I think they make it there with little pronlems as they beat both Witchita and UT easily. They won't get by UNC - but a 10 seed picked ot make the sweet 16 is money !

UNC - I know a 3 seed is hardly a upset ! But UNC actually has a chance top beat UCONN. To be honest UNC has the greater talent but they are all freshman. If they click like they did against duke ! look out.

Utah ST - My low riskk pick of the braket. Washington is going no where and Utah ST looked good in the tournament and it won't take much to beat a overated Washington team.

My pick

UCONN - duh

Minneapolis bracket

Big School busts

Villinova - with a healthy Ray maybe - without I just can see them going al the way to the final 4. They are a great shooting team but little inside and if the htrees aren't raining it will tough to win.. If the threes are going no team can beat them but the threes don't fall all the time.

Florida - not a great tournament team. Other than the finals showing in 00 they have offered little none in the otunament since and they have had telent - just fall flat when it counts the greatest.

Oklahoma - seriously if they win 1 game I will shocked. I can't ebeliebe they spent a large portion of the season even ranked. They are a solid team against lesser talent. Agaainst good teams i can't see OU doing really well.

upset specials

Wisconsin - I definitley see Wisconsin as a possibly sweet 16 team beating Villinova in round 2. They have a solid core and just always seem to do really well in the tournament. It s ahigh rish and a ballsy pick but they could be money if you go with em in 16.

Boston College - a 4 seed but I seriously think the eagles have a great shot at making the final 4. They played Duke tough as nails on their home court ( don't be fooled the ACC championship was a dookie home game. These guys a really good and peaking at the right time.

Wis Milwaukee - Not alkot of rish in round 1 for an upset pick and a pick I think might even be faovred by some. Take ab=dvantage of the mooks that take the well known team and go with UWM.

My pick

Boston College - Truly the hottest team in America right now sepite the loss yesterday.

Final 4

Texas - Memphis

I have Texas and their size pulling out the big win.. texas has a lot of key parts that has difficulty clicking sometimes but the talent is unreal.

UCONN - Boston College - former Big eastt rivals clash with UCONN winning a close game.

I have UCONN beating Texas in the final to win their 3rd title in 10 years.

:first:

:(

I agree with you on Texas and Boston College. I don't agree with you when it comes to Gonzaga, Morrison is good, and Batista is a beast inside. Gonzaga will do well. Also, no mention of UCLA? They're really good this season.

I agree with you on Texas and Boston College. I don't agree with you when it comes to Gonzaga, Morrison is good, and Batista is a beast inside. Gonzaga will do well. Also, no mention of UCLA? They're really good this season.

Gonzaga has 2 solid players actually IMO the greatest in college basketball this season in Morrison but IMO shown that when they go against good teams they just don't measure up as well . They did do well early in the year and maybe that translates into tourney success but I just can't see Gonzaga getting past round 2.

UCLA - they play in a cupcake conference where even Arizona sucked ass ! They looked good against average teams I didn't list them as either or becasue i don't know what to expect from them as i never watched them play a lot during the season.

Indiana - Hoosiers are playing inspired ball above there talent level. And I expect this to continue A ballsy pick but a elite 8 is not unpossible the way they have been playing.

I dont think the hoosiers are playing above their talent level, but rather are finally getting back to where they should be. They were a top 10 team earlier in the season and beat some pretty good teams even without DJ White.

With that said an elite 8 run is definitely possible and I actually have them going that far as a homer, but if i were to actually have money on it I would reconsider. Coaching plays a huge role in tourney play and lord knows IU has probably the worst coach of the bunch. On top of that Robert Vaden hurt his ankle in the final few minutes against OSU and he probably won't be 100% and thats a huge blow.

IU still has the talent to go for sure, but taking them far may hurt your bracket more than help it.

I have to say (as an AL fan) I have to disagree with you about 'Bama. If they do get by Marquette (and I see this as a possibility) they'd have to beat UCLA to get to the Sweet 16. I don't see that happening, and even if it did Gonzaga would likely be waiting. Alabama got a terrible draw IMO.

Also disgree about Florida, only because they are playing their first two tournament games in Jacksonville (practically at home) and they're a streaky team (won 5 straight to end the season).

I also see Illinois taking out UConn and probably UNC as well. Just a gut feeling.

Gonzaga has 2 solid players actually IMO the greatest in college basketball this season in Morrison but IMO shown that when they go against good teams they just don't measure up as well . They did do well early in the year and maybe that translates into tourney success but I just can't see Gonzaga getting past round 2.

UCLA - they play in a cupcake conference where even Arizona sucked ass ! They looked good against average teams I didn't list them as either or becasue i don't know what to expect from them as i never watched them play a lot during the season.

Arizona shouldn't have even made the tournament if you ask me, but UCLA is definitely a top tier team this year. They were head and shoulders above every team in the PAC 10 this year.